Havn't been here lately...looking for soufriere1?

pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Sorry to broadcast this so big, but can someone just give me the heads up on soufriere1? Did something happen? His posts end 8/15, and I bought a record off him in july, never got it. He is usually slow, but not this slow! Anyone? Real life issue maybe? I tried email, but got no answer.-pj

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    :50pager:

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    It turns out K was an alien. His friends took the very same bicycle and the very same crate that used to be full of raers and just rode him into the infinite space.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    holy shit you killed it right there

• :50pager:

And, pull up a couple shots for the 5 Page "K Vindicated!" thread that broke out later, and ended sans vindication.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    and started & ended sans vindication.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Ummm.....YIKES.

Ok, like I said, i havn't been trolling the msg boards as much lately, so I missed all this. I apologize if I am rehashing.

I tried to skim thru the BS of that other thread, bottom line: seems like he is MIA with lots of rumors, but no substance? correct?

I am out a good amount of money on this tho, so if anyone has any (helpful) suggestions, shoot me a PM.

again, sorry to get the peanut gallery all in a tizzy again.

-peeJ

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

I am out a good amount of money on this tho, so if anyone has any (helpful) suggestions

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Ummm.....YIKES.

Ok, like I said, i havn't been trolling the msg boards as much lately, so I missed all this. I apologize if I am rehashing.

I tried to skim thru the BS of that other thread, bottom line: seems like he is MIA with lots of rumors, but no substance? correct?

I am out a good amount of money on this tho, so if anyone has any (helpful) suggestions, shoot me a PM.

-peeJ

check the thread and speak to the people that claimed to have contact with him

Good luck

Jorge that was some hilarious broma

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Ummm.....YIKES.

-peeJ

check the thread and speak to the people that claimed to have contact with him

I don't doubt that they did--what was astounding was that they then took his representations at face value.

I mean, what did they expect him to say when confronted? "That's right, and I have no intention of ever sending your records, sucker!"?

• It turns out K was an alien. His friends took the very same bicycle and the very same crate that used to be full of raers and just rode him into the infinite space.

Guau! Increible.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    It turns out K was an alien. His friends took the very same bicycle and the very same crate that used to be full of raers and just rode him into the infinite space.

AWSOME!

• SIK!

• SIK!

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

BWAHAHAHHHAHAHAAAHAH!!!!! CLASSIC!!!

• woulda been better if you had clipped some reggae 45s in that one AA!

PJ - Everyone that I've had dealings with has NOT been sorted. Most people have done what they had to do, whether that's paypal chargebacks or talking to their bank or whatever.

I'm not one to go throwing people under the bus but basically Kevin has stolen thousands and thousands of dollars. He has had some serious problems but his friends on here have - miraculously - offered no help whatsoever in righting the situation.

Sad.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    woulda been better if you had clipped some reggae 45s in that one AA!

PJ - Everyone that I've had dealings with has NOT been sorted. Most people have done what they had to do, whether that's paypal chargebacks or talking to their bank or whatever.

I'm not one to go throwing people under the bus but basically Kevin has stolen thousands and thousands of dollars. He has had some serious problems but his friends on here have - miraculously - offered no help whatsoever in righting the situation.

Sad.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    sad

because it messes with the code of honour trading/sales this site has built and enforced over the years

we would usually go after these guys

truly sad

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    woulda been better if you had clipped some reggae 45s in that one AA!

Sad.

If that's directed at me, what do you expect me to do? He doesn't respond to my emails or phone calls either. He gave my an email address to give out during our one conversation at the beginning of this whole fiasco--when I alerted him to the initial thread--and I haven't spoken with him sense. I'm also not in Toronto and so I'm in no better position than anyone else. Also, despite being K's friend for some years now, I have no idea what's going on his life. Whatever these serious problems are, I'm as in the dark as you and the angry guys in England.

• No I wasn't directing that *specifically* at anyone, although several people - including you - had mentioned having some contact with him after the "scandal" broke. It's unfortunate to hear that you too have lost track of the guy.

I recall a torontonian strutter or two popping up to chastize the board warning not to pass judgment... If that were my friend though I would be trying to help him raise ten grand not trying to defend his character to a bunch of ripped-off strangers.

I have grown well tired of people coming into my shop asking me about Kevin, and where's their money, and have I dealt with him recently, and so on... so I am sure you are too.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    so nobody has sued that guy yet? why not? it might help him and you...

• Cracks open a brew...........

• Sorry to broadcast this so big, but can someone just give me the heads up on soufriere1? Did something happen? His posts end 8/15, and I bought a record off him in july, never got it. He is usually slow, but not this slow!

Anyone? Real life issue maybe? I tried email, but got no answer.

-pj

Check your PM's and we'll chat.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    so nobody has sued that guy yet? why not? it might help him and you...

At least one fellow over at Soul Source is going after Kevin legally. He's already been in contact with the local constabulary.

• http://www.soul-source.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=35739

OK, just got back from the Toronto and your man Lavertey was there selling. I actually bought some nice things off him but thats not what Im here for.

Spoke to him and he said he had loads more of the same and gave me the number 416 551 0688 and to call him re. more records. Try this but the 1 after the 55 could be a 7. This is a different number than in the first post.

Asked for his address but he told records were at his Grans and we would talk, he also told me he doesnt sell on ebay anymore but we know that is not strictly true from previous posts.

it amazes me that soufriere made appearances at record shows during all those infamous threads about him being shady