Ghostride the Whip, f___ the Fremont A's

GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Ignoring how ridiculous and cheezy that video was, FUCK THIS SHIT about the A's moving to Fremont. I am pissed the fuck off about it. I love the A's, I love the Coliseum, and I LOVE BEING ABLE TO BART TO THE GAME. Seriously they make all this talk about how its only a few miles further, but it's a whole different world, a whole new attitude. I don't care about all this buisness with being able to get shit on your fucking PDA at the game, or having some jumbotron screen, or luxury boxes. When you go to see a baseball game, you go to kick it, watch the game, eat some food and have a good time.

I don't care about the hoardes of people in San Jose, or any other reason for the A's to move. Unless you're the Expos, don't move a baseball team. Just don't do it. Especially a really good one, with extraordinary history and world series championships.

Fuck the "San Jose Athletics of Fremont". End of rant.

• Oh damn. Getting me all worked up and shit. I won't comment on the video except I thought Mac Dre was from Vallejo and I had that Starter jacket back in 6th grade.

Call me an asshole, but I think Fremont is not the worst thing in the world. Oakland made ZERO effort to keep them and at least they're still in the Bay. I will no doubt be hating on the lack of public transit there and the new yuppie Silicon Valley fanbase that will bring a corny Giant fan, AT&T-esque, people who don't actually care about baseball vibe to the park.

Still, there were not a lot of other options out there. And I actually like that Wolf's trying to create a neighborhood surrounding the park like Fenway or Wrigleyville that will have a gang of bars and shit that are all A's related.

I can't link it up directly but peep the "stadium photo gallery" That shit looks kinda tight after you've been looking at Mt. Davis for 10 years.

http://oakland.athletics.mlb.com/NASApp/...t=.jsp&c_id=oak

Letting Ron Washington AND Frank get away??!!! THAT'S the shit that is pissing me off right now.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    I heart white people.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    ehhh. bottom line: i'm an A's fan for life and nothing will stop me from rooting for them, going to games, supporting them. they really had no choice; they needed a new ballpark, and since oakland obviously didn't seem too interested in keeping them there they had to move. it certainly could have been a lot worse as far as location goes.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

oh shit. i know that dude nate on the right. used to play ball with him in berkeley.

damn, respect done dropped.

• i live in san jose so im all for the fremont A's of oakland/theeastbay whatever. they did deserve a new ballpark so good for them.

as for those dudes saying that the word HELLA was derived from oakland, can i get an official scoring on that? i thought it was just a northern california thing

hope the a's get moises alou as a dh replacement, that dude can swing as long as he aint playing the field getting injured.

• What about the Santa Clara 49ers? People seem to be worked up about that one.

p.s. I don't give a shit about sports.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    as for those dudes saying that the word HELLA was derived from oakland, can i get an official scoring on that? i thought it was just a northern california thing

I have no idea where it started because people were saying it in the 1980s when I was growing up, but it's not northern californian. it's stricly bay area although it has expanded outward.

• What about the Santa Clara 49ers? People seem to be worked up about that one.

p.s. I don't give a shit about sports.

yeah shits been up on sports talk radio for days now... im not a 49ers fan (go Bills!) so i dont care. but i aint feeling how diane feinstein is all up in the mix trying to keep the 49ers from using 'San francisco' in their name and how gavin newsom and folks are blaming SF for fucking up the olympic bid in 2016. wtf! how is the 49ers moving contigent upon whether or not SF gets the bid or not? thats some lame brain thinking over in that committee then. besides i heard that SF was only vying for the US bid then it would compete w/ the other interantional bids haha.

• i just hope that location in fremont doesnt smell like sewage.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

I have no idea where it started because people were saying it in the 1980s when I was growing up, but it's not northern californian. it's stricly bay area although it has expanded outward.

It's a San Francisco word that came from Bayview/Hunters Point area. I don't know how I found that out, I remember learning about how it was created, but I can't for the life of me remember my source. I'd bet money on it being from SF though.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i went to school in socal and remember getting hated on for saying hella. i can't help it though, i still say it without even blinking.

as for the new ballpark, i'm sure it's going to be except for the fact that it's in fremont.