A Very Special NewsStrut: DEMOM

slotbeggazzslotbeggazz 288 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
couldnt be in here for some weeks...heres another newsstrut, stumbled upon this story today...stuff like that happens all the time, ppl SUDDENLY snap. lemme say before i post this, i believe her...
November 15, 2006 -- A Brooklyn mom told cops that "demons" made her smother her 9-year-son with a pillow after he complained about his birthday party the day before, investigators said yesterday.Grieving relatives insisted that Olivia Sadia Jnnoel had always been a "great" mother - and were stunned that she suddenly snapped on her "sweet little boy," Kanil.She just said "demons overtook her," Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said.After the horrific killing Monday morning, Jnnoel, 28, called the boy's father and - without explaining what she had done - said she was sorry, relatives and cops said."You're going to have to forgive me," the distraught woman begged him, according to Kelly.She then fled their third-floor home on Brooklyn Avenue in Crown Heights and tried to take her own life by throwing herself in front of an F train in Coney Island. The tormented mother survived - and then admitted to cops at the scene, "I did something terrible to my son," police said.At about the same time Jnnoel was trying to kill herself on the tracks, her husband, Evans Joseph, 32, came home and made the horrifying discovery of his dead son lying face up on a bed."I'm in pain right now, pain," was all the shattered father could muster to reporters yesterday.Joseph's sister, Lusca Joseph, said of her brother, "He was living his life for [Kanil], for both of them."Lusca Joseph said she and other relatives never had any indication there was anything wrong."She was a good mother. She was great," Lusca Joseph said of Jnnoel. "I don't know what had driven her to do something like this."Their only child was a sweet little boy. He was just a little boy," the aunt added, tears streaming down her face.The Medical Examiner's Office ruled the boy's death a homicide, and Jnnoel was charged with murder, manslaughter and endangering the welfare of a child late last night.The mom had been being treated for depression and underwent psychiatric evaluation at Lutheran Hospital in the wake of the murder.She remained under guard at Lutheran Hospital, where she also was being treated for a broken leg and two severed fingers from her jump under the train.
heres the rest of the story

Comments

• uhm, btw, im no christian, i may have different views on what it is that she described as "demons" but generally i believe her...

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    The mom had been being treated for depression and underwent psychiatric evaluation at Lutheran Hospital in the wake of the murder.

Those weren't "demons"--it's called psychosis.

I'll bet she's bipolar or schizophrenic but was never diagnosed properly (depression is only one component of those disorders, but it's usually what prompts women to seek treatment). What's worse is that some of the drugs used to treat depression actually induce mania in bipolar individuals.