OG vs RE-ISH - tell tale signs

doughboydoughboy 190 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Help needed...Got a copy of Glori Scott's LP...Looks / Feels OG - but has a second cat # (60,000) underneath the NB9002.Any ideas how I can confirm?

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Looks / Feels OG - but has a second cat # (60,000) underneath the NB9002.

No personal knowledge on this title but based on the descrip if it is not an OG it sounds like a 2nd issue that came out shortly after the first, which IMO is not really any different than an orig...

The cheap bootlegs that pass for reissues these days are always exact duplicates, they don't change any numbers or anything.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    AFAIK, there have been 2 recent bootlegs/reissues of this album. The cover image and text of one of them is EXTREMELY fuzzy, while the text of the second reissue is noticably sharper (as if it were created on a laser printer) than the photo of Gloria Scott. Both reissue covers are printed on glossy white card stock.

SG

• Thanks people - keep it coming...

Definitely NOT printed on white cardboard stock and the board feels pretty much bang on for other mid 70s releases I have.

Cover image is all-in-one / clear and matt rather than gloss

I know there was a second issue of it on Casablanca almost immediately after the release.

Any more tips people?