Kansas City strutters??

Ayrotollah77Ayrotollah77 415 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Im gonna be out there for thanksgiving,any good night spots or record store you might wanna put me up on.I'll be around for a week.Thanks,peace

Comments

• Sadly, there are no true record stores left in KC.
    Superflea in Independence might be your best bet.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    i'm from lawrence and i SHALL NOT DIVULGE SUPER SECRET SPOTS

ok, there arent any. i went to a half priced books somewhere in KC the other weekend, and while its soul/funk section blew the one here out of the water, most of the dope shit was scratched beyond belief. i did pickup a marlena shaw spice of life 70s reish or whateva. so that was nice. in lawrence we have Love Garden, its uhhh, ok.

• cool,thanks for the info..i gotta friend who stays in Wichita, sez he knows a few spots..Any good club/bar nights with good dj's/bands??

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    for that you gotta talk to someone else, i know NOTHING about wichita nightlife.....be sure to share any record shop info if you find any there......

• naw I wanna get down on the scene in KC me and my boy are lookin for shit to get into over there..i'll deffinatly share spots if i find 'em..peace

• Looking for a Darnell Williams from Kansas any leads???? Lost touch with dude wanted to see if he lurks here???

• naw I wanna get down on the scene in KC me and my boy are lookin for shit to get into over there..i'll deffinatly share spots if i find 'em..peace

i know more about lawrence's social life than that of kc - there's more action in lawrence anyways, if you ask me, but that's always been a point of contention - but kc has some cool bars and great restaurants in the westport, brookside, and waldo areas, and around ku med center too, along with yuppier places on the 'plaza.'

i'm from kansas city, (well, the suburbs on the kansas side, really) and i'll be around there for thanksgiving time as well. i don't plan on doing any record doings while in town, though, because, as mentioned above, there's not much of anything left, unless you want to go thru all the half-price books in the area , although a newer store called zebedi's (sp?) does have some decent LPs once in a while.

anyways, hit me with a PM if you're looking for more specifics.

R.I.P. Ron Rooks & Music Exchange. There's a shop on 39th called Zebedee's, but the selection is pretty ehhhhh...

There is also a tiny shop in the basement of Prospero's Books (also on 39th), but aside from the first two weeks it was open, the stock has been disappointing.

R.I.P. Ron Rooks & Music Exchange. There's a shop on 39th called Zebedee's, but the selection is pretty ehhhhh...

There is also a tiny shop in the basement of Prospero's Books (also on 39th), but aside from the first two weeks it was open, the stock has been disappointing.

wadup skill? how's life with you and h-bomb? you know brother butt conductor pames and i will be in the area next week. get in touch!