weekday findings and such 11/13+

karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
unconventional digging hours = monday finds in the pouring rain^^^have to go for the ET cuz michael jackson narrates! w e i r d. that john stewart and buffy ford thing is alright mellowness^^^i always grab a 7 dreams when i see it, its a freak out. carl sandberg american folk classic. steve gillette is nice folk on vanguard.^^^the louise heubner thing is totally insane. ^^^the nino + april is on white whale and is a great strange folkish sound. "Frummox" (heh) i took a chance on cuz its on command/probe. havent listened yet. GTO and Scrambler aint easy to find^^^that tin tin has that freaky am radio hit "toast + marmalade for tea" on it, it totally brought back kid memories. its just as wobbly sounding on the LP as it was on the radio! Whistle is 1988 on Select records, its rnb with lite hip hop, i thought it would blow but its totally growing on me, very unusual song style, good singing. Havens' very 1st.^^^ everything in this photo is killing me. the gil is a white label promo!^^^a 45 i never saw before^^^i was jaw dropping on this one BUT.....^^^....THIS was inside!?!?!??!!? ugh!!!! but... cheap enuff to get for the cover anyway. these 2 are doubles, PM.

Comments

• I'm guessing this whole album came out on 45, because I have half of it...

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts

"Frummox" (heh) i took a chance on cuz its on command/probe. havent listened yet.

'There you go' is a top track - excellent drums throughout.

• One nice thrift store find this morning. It was pretty much the only rock record in a large stack of classical and religious LP's. 1968 stereo pressing pretty much mint.

• One nice thrift store find this morning. It was pretty much the only rock record in a large stack of classical and religious LP's. 1968 stereo pressing pretty much mint.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    What do you think of that Lively Ones Bugalu Party record? I have it but haven't listened to it in a long time. I remember being not that impressed with it.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    What do you think of that Lively Ones Bugalu Party record? I have it but haven't listened to it in a long time. I remember being not that impressed with it.

I have that one - I don't hate it but it's
    not that great...frat rock soul covers, like
    a Kingsmen record. One really rockin' track,
    if I remember correctly.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I have that one - I don't hate it but it's
    not that great...frat rock soul covers, like
    a Kingsmen record. One really rockin' track,
    if I remember correctly.

Yeah, thats pretty much how I remember it.

• What do you think of that Lively Ones Bugalu Party record? I have it but haven't listened to it in a long time. I remember being not that impressed with it.

You're right - it's pretty lame IMO.

That Louise Huebner record is totally nuts - even moreso because of her thicker than hell NY accent. Yikes.

• more goodies today:

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    World's been good to me these days...

• jesus frank... that's what the fuck is up right there.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    FAKE FINDZ ALERT

• FAKE FINDZ ALERT

They're real. I could hear the quiver in his voice when he called me a few minutes after the score. Guy could barely talk. Bastard.

• that shit is hella real.

Looks like a killer jazz collection...

How many pieces Frank?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Woah nelly.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Moved and seconded then.

FAKE FINDZ ALERT deactivated.

Sorry for the false alarm everyone.

Can we get some of the juicy details? were your palms sweating as you stacked? your pulse quickening... looking over your shoulder... am I alone? Is someone rushing over to check the unclaimed bins!?!?! Did your trousers begin to feel constricting???

• thats all?

but seriously, new birth s/t - personal white whale alert! its warms my heart to know theyre really out there.

hAven't a had jazz score in while.

About 8000. This was one crate that he let me grab until we finallize and arrange pick up. I've never seen jazz records in this kind of shape. Everything is mint. Not kidding. Some covers are damaged, but the wax looks unbelievably. Dude was a completest too. Most major artists are represented in full. Well, up until about 1975.

Can we get some of the juicy details? were your palms sweating as you stacked? your pulse quickening... looking over your shoulder... am I alone? Is someone rushing over to check the unclaimed bins!?!?! Did your trousers begin to feel constricting???

I could tell halfway through the first box that I would have to buy everything. I was alone.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    This was one crate

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

I could tell halfway through the first box that I would have to buy everything. I was alone.

Very nice.....congrats.

I was alone.

• funky

• Congrats on that.

Curious... How does The Awakening's "Mirage" Lp stack-up against "Hear, Sense, & Feel?"

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

beyond rad

• About 8000.

...whoo, thats some sudden crates to manage..

....but who needs a living room!! were talking mint jazz here!

• nice score! I love that Alan Shorter- Orgasm album. Byron Morris Unity is cool too.