WHAT DROPS TOMORROW?

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Sayin'. I'm thinking of heading over to one of those "BIG BOX" stores and getting my 9.99 New Release sale on (no [reynaldo]you sound poor[/reynaldo])

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i dont even think there's anything remotely good coming out this week. i was scanning ads for hard drives and never saw shit. i think there's like a new fat joe album coming out or something

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• yeah Fat Joe "Me Myself and I" and the Game "Doctor's Advocate" drop tomorrow I believe. Not sure what else.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    so basically nothing worth purchasing

• yeah Fat Joe "Me Myself and I" and the Game "Doctor's Advocate" drop tomorrow I believe. Not sure what else.

from what i've heard of those two albums, they're actually decent. and that's difficult for me to say, as i don't really cut for either of these dudes.

from what i've heard of those two albums, they're actually decent. and that's difficult for me to say, as i don't really cut for either of these dudes.

i'm not a huge fan of either myself, but i do enjoy the recent fat joe single for make it rain, the b side is kinda nice too (if you like runners production). i heard another song of the album that was heat as well. Could end up being a decent one. As for the Game, I have no idea if I'll like it, I'm sure some of the tracks will be good. He usually comes with a little something every now and again.

• i'm not a huge fan of either myself, but i do enjoy the recent fat joe single for make it rain, the b side is kinda nice too (if you like runners production). i heard another song of the album that was heat as well. Could end up being a decent one. As for the Game, I have no idea if I'll like it, I'm sure some of the tracks will be good. He usually comes with a little something every now and again.

production sounds solid on the tracks that i've heard for both albums. i haven't done any research on names, but nonetheless, potentially some heaters to break at some point.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    When I read posts like this, I wish that I
    a) Lived in a country where new albums cost $10 (instead of $20+) and
    b) Lived in a country where albums are actually IN STORES on their release date.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    yeah Fat Joe "Me Myself and I" and the Game "Doctor's Advocate" drop tomorrow I believe. Not sure what else.

Based on the stuff that I've heard on mixshows, the Fat Joe has some excellent production... but it's still Fat Joe, one of the most boring rappers ever to sign a major label deal.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    yeah Fat Joe "Me Myself and I" and the Game "Doctor's Advocate" drop tomorrow I believe. Not sure what else.

Based on the stuff that I've heard on mixshows, the Fat Joe has some excellent production... but it's still Fat Joe, one of the most boring rappers ever to sign a major label deal.

This is correct on all points. The beats are quite good.

Fat Joe though...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Fat Joe though...

I honestly don't know how anyone can suffer through a whole three minute track of dude, much less a full album.

Top three most boring rappers that people have actually heard of:

1. Fat Joe

2. Memphis Bleek

3. Keith Murray

Fat Joe though...

yes, i'm finding this to be true. luckily enough for me, I can easily ignore lyrics and be content with mediocre raps over great production.

• .... but it's still Fat Joe, one of the most boring rappers ever to sign a major label deal.

Fat Joe though...

yes, i'm finding this to be true. luckily enough for me, I can easily ignore lyrics and be content with mediocre raps over great production.

yeah, i was thinking the same shit about joe. he can rap, but it's just sorta meh. he could try cornering a more solid latino base by rapping in spanish / spanglish every now and again. you know, spice it up, hombre.

• Top three most boring rappers that people have actually heard of:

1. Fat Joe

2. Memphis Bleek

3. Keith Murray

What, no hatt for ?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I'm surprised everyone thinks Fat Joe is bad. He's killed it on lots of tracks, recently w/ the "Go Crazy" remix, Ja Rule's "New York," never mind Jealous Ones Envy is great and Loyalty has its moments. Plus he's got some classic verses with DITC

Welcome to the world of Joe, flooded with thugs and hoes
    Real niggas, drug dealers, with villas in the Strolls
    Lexus and Rolls parked in twenty-car garages
    Living the largest, with Oriental massages in garbage
    Shit, I get down for mine
    Terror Squad run things in any town you can find
    New York, New York, big city of dreams
    Where there's nothing but foreign cars, bitches, and triple beams
    I fiend for cash, fat pieces of ass
    Never giving a fuck, get your shit laced up
    The corrupt crutas wake me up to new crimes
    On news prime: gangster rapper goes nuts and wounds nine
    Joey Crack's the rock, known for packing Macs and glocks
    Stay away from Little Puppet cause his ass is hot
    Shot, in the middle of the street
    Pretty boys don't sleep cause beauty is only skin deep
    Whattup Jeez?
    Cracks...life, what's the matta wit yo head?
    Cracks...life, all you niggaz gon end up dead
    Cracks...life, everybody servin rat til he ride
    Everybody think they somebody, til somebody end up shot
    Listen, I'm in that GT, Choppa on the passenger side
    No skeets skeets, choppa on the passenger side
    They said Trap or Die but said fuck it
    Damn near half my life I been a suspect
    Feds low in them Coupe Devilles
    So I keep one eye open like Bushwick Bill
    They said my mind's playin tricks on me (Damn right)
    So I let off a half a clip on em'
    Ain't no witnesses tellin the story (Hell naw...)
    Then my bitch spent all of the bail money (And then what?)
    I don gave 'em my pimp cup for a gangsta hat
    Traded my gangsta hat for some gangsta raps
    Only to find out that no gangsta's rap
    Half of these niggaz is pussy, ain't never served crack (Crack, crack, crack, crack)
    It's like a damn nightmare
    Just when you thought I was gone, I reappear
    on some chopped up, screwed shit, poppi got his swagga back
    Hot sick, clue shit, bought a brick of half of rap
    In that 'cedes when it's said and done
    Yeah poppi kinda crazy, squeeze the pound for fun (Nigga!)

his last album was trash though.

• HAHAHAHA!

Someone pays you to write about rap?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Uh, yo, nowadays, I'm flirtin with uncertain death
    Lord I gotta be dyin, cause after all this cryin, how much more hurtin's left?
    When will the pain stop?
    This depression and anxiety, is gonna make me show another side of me
    My niggas ride with me cause I'm the truth
    There's benefits to rollin with this clique, don't nobody fuck with you
    Still they label me a tyrant and a backstabber
    But study the facts of crack, the shit don't add up
    I'm bringin opportunity to my community
    Probably the only rapper that cares, but still you out to ruin me
    Who you foolin B? I'm for unity, latins and blacks
    Could you fathom the strength, we have of the two it attach
    Born together, voted alike
    These uncle charm politicians ain't holdin us right
    How could the same nigga be 20 years in office
    When it's clear the only thing that's risin is unemployment
    Abortion, little kids havin kids
    The school system is failing us, now ain't that some shit
    While the rich keep gettin richer, the poor keep dyin young
    I can't hide no more, the time has come

If that was by Beanie Sigel you would be all over it.

• That could be, but mainly because Beans is a good rapper and Joe isn't.

I'm surprised everyone thinks Fat Joe is bad. He'sHis ghostwriter[/b] killed it on lots of tracks

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I'm surprised everyone thinks Fat Joe is bad. He'sHis ghostwriter[/b] killed it on lots of tracks
    Ahh yes, authenticity

Borat to thread

• I don't give a shit if GOD writes Joe's raps. He's just not a good rapper.

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    I bought Homicide: Life on the Street complete series box for about 148 today during the deepdiscountdvd.com 20% off sale.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    even roy jones was force to lean back.

Ahh yes, authenticity

Borat to thread

Uh, there's a pretty big difference between authenticity as some narrow-minded, suffocating principle that asserts that, say, real MCs have to be able to write graffiti and do headspins vs. calling into question the rapping skills of an MC that everyone knows uses ghostwriters.

That said, as JP and others have noted, dude's flow is snoooooooooozy.

Though, in all fairness, still better than Malachi's.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Who here have listened to a Fat Joe album straight through?...without falling asleep??

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Who here have listened to a Fat Joe album straight through?...without falling asleep??
    Jealous Ones Envy

I don't think dude sounds boring at all, when he's on he's on. His baritone is gritty and authoritative and he's more believable to me when he says hes known for packing macs and glocks than actually-boring rappers like Lloyd Banks saying the same kind of shit. He's not dexterous but thats the point, he's trying to knock you down with his vocals. I'm not saying he's got crazy classic albums or anything but when he's on he's a great rapper, and I'd rather listen to his verse on the "Go Crazy" remix than Jay-Z's.

• His baritone is gritty and authoritative

• His baritone is gritty

------

Thank you.

PS Beat you to it, Jon!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    you're saying what exactly