KOBE:::8 or 24???

joaobossajoaobossa 128 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
will Kobe ever reclaim his athleticism or was his knee operation the beginning of the end?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

He'll regain his explosiveness. I didnt hear anyone speak on his operation like they spoke about Stoudmire's.

• He'll regain his explosiveness. I didnt hear anyone speak on his operation like they spoke about Stoudmire's.

Right now, everyone involved presumes he'll return to his former athletic ability. However, his recovery period is way past what the doctors predicted and he's pounded his body through 10 NBA seasons. At this point, i'm wondering if he'll end up like chris weber or stackhouse; effective enough to play but nothing like their glory years.

Microscopic surgery can kill your career. But Kobe didnt have that ( i dont think ).

Only Jason Kidd really returned to form after that.

This should really be in the NBA thread -

• through 10 NBA seasons

WOW it has been that long, huh? Time flies... seems like just yesterday dukes was takin' Brandy to the prom. He'll be back to form, I'm sure... but switching to #24 was

How's Amare looking so far this year? HE'S the one I worry about never getting back to where he was. That would truly be a shame, because that kid was on the verge of being a beast in this league the likes of which we have rarely seen.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Kobe hasn't had any leap the past 3 years ...His dunks have been safe for some time now and after this surgery i've seen him get hung on dunks twice this year...it was very uncomfortable to watch....his 3 pointer is off too but this is only temporary..He still has his first step,he's the best finisher EVER and his 15-20 ft jumper is excellent ...He still has the best offensive game in the league but his defense is nasty ...this is not his fault though..Kobe is a defensive small forward and should not be defending shooting guard ...I dont know why Phil is being stubborn about this

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    but switching to #24 was

I agree. You can blame the Adidas bastards for that one.

His dunks have been safe for some time now

I've noticed, and even the Kobe haters are yelling like little girls when he throws down a nasty dunk. You gain a whole lot more acceptance (from the dumb fans) when you do fancy moves once in a while.

How's that for Saturday afternoon grumpiness?

• will Kobe ever reclaim his athleticism or was his knee operation the beginning of the end?

phil jackson addressed this in the LA Times today and said Kobe's knee will never be 100% again. he also suggested that after playing 20,000 minutes Kobe will need to alter his playing style and not press hard the entire game. in fact, it turns out, Kobe has played 35,000 minutes (including play-off games). last night they tried Kobe taking over some of Smush's duties: bringing the ball up court and distributing it. over-all, it worked well.

• sorry--Kobe's clocked 30,000 minutes, not 35.

Is this thread before the 81 points?

You dudes were obviously not watching the FIBA games. HIS ASS WAS JUMPING HIGHER AND TAKING IT TO THE RIM MORE OFTEN THAN IN THE PAST 5 YEARS. 20lb. weight loss seems to be doing wonders. He's back.

THE DEFINITION OF HARD AS FUCK.

woops...i guess this is an old thread.