phaser pedals to catch

lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
got any good suggestions. really need a good one for the summertime. also if any gearheads know how to tweak these things, speak up!! i love the ghetto phaser sounds, and of course hate the late 80's types of sounds. thanks in advance to any one who responds!!

Comments

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Ibanez maded a great one in the early 80's, it's called the PT-9 or something like that, it has a red metal case. DON"T BUY THE PLASTIC JOINTS!

The MXR phase 90 is another classic, it's what you hear on all the early Van Halen records.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    electro-harmonix has two killers...the badstone and the small stone..thick and creamy. I dont know if they were part of the electro harmonix/sovtec reissue series, but you should be able to find a used vintage one for less than a hundred.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    this is the bad boy right here:

• Options
    ..as used by Lee Perry.

K.

• silvertonesilvertone 765 Posts
    Bi-Phaze or Small Stone.
    Both will kick your ass.

The new EH Tremelo is quite possibly the best Vibrato/Tremelo and can be had for very cheap. Great for making anything sound like portishead.

6.dos

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    yeah, the Small Stone is awesome.

• Bi-Phaze or Small Stone.
    Both will kick your ass.

The new EH Tremelo is quite possibly the best Vibrato/Tremelo and can be had for very cheap. Great for making anything sound like portishead.

6.dos

Anybody played with one of these?
    tremolo probe

Dude makes some sick pedals.

oh man those zvek demo videos are giving me a serious gear lust!

anybody checked this thing out:

Anybody played with one of these?
    tremolo probe

Dude makes some sick pedals.

cosign. I have the "fuzz-probe" and the shit makes SO MANY dope sounds, not only is the fuzz tone on it unfuckwitable, I found a setting that when you play a high note, the note will decay by randomly cycling through four different octaves of the note....I have had it for a couple years now and I am still finding new shit it can do..best pedals on the market IMO

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    cool,
    nice leads. i've actually rocked a small stone for a aminute now. playing with the dub band...

instant black ark style

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

i just bought this tape-echo for 150$! and i think im gonna get some pedal next.

what wahwah pedals do you guys recommend? is that zvex probe wah any good? it looked interesting!

and how much does the mu-tron bi-phase usually go for?

the fulltone clyde wah looks pretty sick.. multiple version of it.

i've just got a plain old crybaby that i've had since i was about 17... tweaked it numerous times over the years..

mcdeee man that echo box looks

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Check this site out:
    http://www.zvex.com/

He custom makes all of his pedals. Somewhat pricey, but then again some of you can effort these things. Loads of video samples as well.

Check this site out:
    http://www.zvex.com/

He custom makes all of his pedals. Somewhat pricey, but then again some of you can effort these things. Loads of video samples as well.

agreed. check a few posts above^^^^^^^^^

• asscheeseasscheese 15 Posts
    check www.analogman.com too (zvex related) good pedals, and mike is cool with questions, he'll respond right aways if you have any...