Options

Reasons To Go Dig In The Rock Section

2»

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Don't you guys like just hate how like there is totally sooo many records and not all of them have funky black people with afros on the covers? I hate that. I mean like how am I gonna know if it has those FUNKY BREAKZ?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

How can you come to the 'Strut and front on rock? Myself, I was the first cat around my way loopin' up rock breaks (had those records growin' up). when it comes to rock records.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Don't you guys like just hate how like there is totally sooo many records and not all of them have funky black people with afros on the covers? I hate that. I mean like how am I gonna know if it has those FUNKY BREAKZ?

So how's the rock section going over at Waxidermy? Any records submitted there yet? I wouldn't know because I never checked.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I pray that all of you continue to check the rock section last or not at all.
    Where do you think I got my Senor Coconut Kraftwerk cover LP??? The Roc section...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Don't you guys like just hate how like there is totally sooo many records and not all of them have funky black people with afros on the covers? I hate that. I mean like how am I gonna know if it has those FUNKY BREAKZ?

So how's the rock section going over at Waxidermy? Any records submitted there yet? I wouldn't know because I never checked.

I actually just added a "rock" section. The reason we hadn't before is that we have had more genre specific categories, IE "psych", "punk", etc. But yeah, we have had some great rock records submitted.

Isnt that where one can find the Stevie Wonder?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

DRIFTING is my shit.

b/w

If I had to get a Tattoo that drawing would be on my list.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

• DRIFTING is my shit.

Agreed. One of his best.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Guys, slow down and think here. He may be right. Rock was mostly just invented to be coming out of speakers that are big, so if you are at home, then i think it's probably best to listen to smoother stuff like Lounge. Maybe if you have a really good stereo you might listen to Joni Mitchell. My mind is made up that I will only listen to rock in a club with really big speakers, or else I'm just fronting on hip hop.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    The rock section...so big and full o shit. Why even bother is what i am wondering?
    After such essential contributions as the "Almonds and Delicious Fruit" & "Punk vinyl" threads one can only grow accustom to such high quality comments.
    As mentioned before, there aren't any records in the Rock section that are worth it so just stay away from there, it's all a big waste of time and money.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    yeah bro, fuck the rock section. you know what else i hate? when all the soul records are mixed up. fuck that, then i have to look through the 'A's for James brown. Or the 'Q's for Parliament.

Parliament... that is cool,ill loops bro, you should check those guys out. but whats up with that other group Funkydelic? its not funky.

i know funky. i fuckin brought that funkydelic one with the black chick with the afro on it. when i played that shit it was all rock guitars. Not funky.

and what about stores that don't have 'breaks' sections... fuck them as well.

and i hate that latin shit as well. there arent many afros on the covers so you know its all that xylophone pling pling ding dong shit. (good for fruityloopin up, but im on the hunt for fuckin drums man).

Rock: its all tight jeans and guitars man. guitars suck holmes, im looking for phat fuckin drums son.

One time i scooped this one record outta the rock section that had a big fuckin drum on the front. I payed for that shit then and there, i got it home and when i played that shit it was all guitars over the phat drum loops.

fuck rock man.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Ha! forgot about this thread..probably one of the most ignant threads ever started...so funny

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    Ha! forgot about this thread..probably one of the most ignant threads ever started...so funny

This thread has definitely had more than one incarnation. And, when this one dies another will come after it.

• just a couple i been digging lately and easy to grip.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    rock Fucking rocks

• I've never seen that Raw Sienna.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

But I just can't get you...
    since the day I left you...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/d9dnuz