Temple City Kazoo Orchestra

markus71markus71 937 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Just found this oddball record by the Temple City Kazoo Orchestra called "Some Kazoos".It's pressed on marbled vinyl and it's completely weird.Contains hilarious cover versions of 2001 Sprach Kazoostra, Stayin Alive, Miss You and Whole Lotta Love.Has anybody ever seen or heard this record??

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Take that shit to WeirdRecordsThatSuckdotcom!

• it sure sucks alright!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    the kazoo doesn't get the respect it deserves.

• LuminLumin 807 Posts
    ha weird
    i sold a copy on ebay for a lil bit of money
    didnt know folks were into it
    it did blow

• Just found this oddball record by the Temple City Kazoo Orchestra called "Some Kazoos".
    It's pressed on marbled vinyl and it's completely weird.
    Contains hilarious cover versions of 2001 Sprach Kazoostra, Stayin Alive, Miss You and Whole Lotta Love.

Has anybody ever seen or heard this record??

Yeah, I remember Dr. Demento (syndicated DJ of novelty records) played tracks from this album fairly regularly in the late seventies.

The TCKO were basically the two owners of Rhino Records (Harold Bronson and Richard Foos) plus a bunch of other folks with kazoos. Bronson & Foos also put on dark suits with shades and fedora hats and cut an EP as the Kazoos Brothers (parody of the Blues Brothers, get it?).

Before they hit it big in the reissue market, Rhino released a whole shitload of novelty records like this.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Damn Rhino with their limited edition Handmade stuff I can't afford.

Anyone got that Complete Little Richard on Polydor or that Fun House Sessions box?

• Anyone got that Complete Little Richard on Polydor?

You mean, on Reprise?

Don't have the box itself, although Richard's three Reprise albums aren't very hard to find (did the Rhino reish have bonus tracks?). The Rill Thing is a pretty good one; I've never heard King Of Rock & Roll; I sold The Second Coming long ago, that album sucks like a vacuum cleaner.

• We had that at M-Theory for a minute. On the kazoo LP related tip, I saw House Shoes from Detroit spin a set of mostly Dilla samples and tracks, and he dropped the kazoo LP that had the intro to the Shining on it. Thing was (and I could be mistaken because I wasn't trainspotting and didn't ask what it was) it sounded like those drums were a part of the original record. It went from Flight of the Bumble Bee through several other kazoo staples (Handel's Hallelujah, etc) and those stomps and claps kept going with it. Pretty hot, as kazoo records go.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Anyone got that Complete Little Richard on Polydor?

You mean, on Reprise?

Don't have the box itself, although Richard's three Reprise albums aren't very hard to find (did the Rhino reish have bonus tracks?). The Rill Thing is a pretty good one; I've never heard King Of Rock & Roll; I sold The Second Coming long ago, that album sucks like a vacuum cleaner.

Doof. Yeah, I meant Reprise while playing a Polydor LP on the table.

There were, to my knowledge, bonus tracks.