Need help finding record spots in Phoenix

8bits8bits 146 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
I well be in phoenix this friday if there is any soulstruter or phoenix head who could help find some record spots pm me...............thx

Comments

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I attempted to dig in Phoenix and it was seriously grim, I hit 2 spots I found in the
    phonebook and they were terrible, crappy selection and waaaay overpriced.
    Good luck man, you'll need it!

• theres a flea market in the middle of town that i came up at. probably a crapshot though. tucson has PDQ, which was bumpin when i was there 5 years ago.
    go to stores and ask about a dealer named John who sells at austin. might be a longshot, but he's a heat holder

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Best spot in AZ. used to be PDQ in Tucson which is only a couple of hours away.....I know it sold a few years back and haven't been there since so I can't swear it will be good.......but back in the day that was THE spot.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    John who sells at austin. might be a longshot, but he's a heat holder

John Dixon.....Ben Dover Inc......he has heat.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    theres a flea market in the middle of town that i came up at. probably a crapshot though. tucson has PDQ, which was bumpin when i was there 5 years ago.
    go to stores and ask about a dealer named John who sells at austin. might be a longshot, but he's a heat holder

PDQ is complete garbage now. It's under new management, and they don't know squat about records, and fired everyone who knew anything about records.

There's a new place in Tucson called Twist & Shout that is not too shabby. Good prices, and they have some stuff. Nothing crazy, but I've bought some solid records there.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i was in phoenix in june and in tucson.
    i must admit that both were potentially the worst days of record buying on a four week trip.
    there are many shops in phoenix, i had a tour guide, the best one i went to was rockaway records just b/c they actually had slightly interesting records. the rest were beyond awful.

tucson: pdq is enormous. and thoroughly uninteresting at the time of my visit. word is the change in ownership has seen the quality of this place plummet. A shop full of hundreds of thousands of records, yet a new arrival bin of 50, didn't make much sense.

John D. - perhaps he's got something, but when i spoke to him on the phone he said he had nothing of interesting other than some common motown 45's for sale. or something of that matter. i didn't bother going. instead i ate some pleasantly delicious carne asada which was the only successful element of phoenix.

i would say, limit the digging and instead do something fun. like visit Herm in Tucson and understand the truth behind why he runs that town.

peace.

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    thanks a lot guys if you have any more info pm me.....peace