Burger King sold pot burgers to cops

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (AP) -- Two police officers sued Burger King Corp., claiming they were served hamburgers that had been sprinkled with marijuana.The lawsuit says Mark Landavazo and Henry Gabaldon, officers for the Isleta Pueblo tribal police, were in uniform and riding in a marked patrol car when they bought meals at the drive-through lane October 8 of a Burger King restaurant in Los Lunas, New Mexico.The officers ate about half of their burgers before discovering marijuana on the meat, [/b]the lawsuit said. They used a field test kit to confirm the substance was pot, then went to a hospital for medical evaluations.[/b] (!!!!)"It gives a whole new meaning to the word 'Whopper,"' the officers' attorney, Sam Bregman, said Monday. "The idea that these hoodlums would put marijuana into a hamburger and therefore attempt to impair law enforcement officers trying to do their jobs is outrageous."Three Burger King employees were arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and aggravated battery on an officer, a felony. They later were indicted.The lawsuit, filed Friday in Bernalillo County, alleges personal injury, negligence, battery and violation of fair practices. It seeks unspecified damages along with legal costs.Officials at Miami-based Burger King declined to comment, citing a company policy against discussing pending litigation.Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Comments

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

"The idea that these hoodlums would put marijuana into a hamburger and therefore attempt to impair law enforcement officers trying to do their jobs is outrageous hilarious."

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

"The idea that these hoodlums would put marijuana into a hamburger and therefore attempt to impair law enforcement officers trying to do their jobs is outrageous hilarious."

Exactly. So awesome.

• Maybe I need to start dressing like a cop when I go to burger king. All I get is wilted lettuce.

• Maybe I need to start dressing like a cop when I go to burger king. All I get is wilted lettuce.
    do you go there? EEEWWWWWWW!

• Three Burger King employees were arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and aggravated battery on an officer, a felony. They later were indicted.

The lawsuit, filed Friday in Bernalillo County, alleges personal injury, negligence, battery and violation of fair practices. It seeks unspecified damages along with legal costs.

How exactly does one 'batter' someone with a hamburger? Were the employees beating the cops over the head with it?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    I'll take one of those but I want an octo-stacker

• I'll take one of those but I want an octo-stacker

that is the most disgusting thing I've seen this week. fucking gross dude.

• How is putting weed in their burger supposed to do anything? You need to make butter or oil so the THC can attach to it. Otherwise it won't digest properly and you'll miss the high.

What they should have done was made cannabutter in advance, and mixed it in the meat. Novices.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    I'll take one of those but I want an octo-stacker

that is the most disgusting thing I've seen this week. fucking gross dude.
    hahaha. Damn america is one fucked up country. GOOD THING I LIVE HERE!

And yeah putting loose buds on a burger wont do much if anything. Its all bout the bad ass canabutter.

this is the best recipe i have ever used.
    http://www.420times.com/forums/cannabis-kitchen/37701-cannabutter-7-easy-steps.html
    shit comes out potent.

• Three Burger King employees were arrested and charged with possession of marijuana and aggravated battery on an officer, a felony. They later were indicted.

The lawsuit, filed Friday in Bernalillo County, alleges personal injury, negligence, battery and violation of fair practices. It seeks unspecified damages along with legal costs.

How exactly does one 'batter' someone with a hamburger? Were the employees beating the cops over the head with it?

The legal definition of battery is physical contact that would be offensive to a normal person and that is made without consent. The claim is not much of a stretch.

The article reminds me of a story I read from 5-10 years back. Employees at a Bay Area (Marin maybe?) fast-food place were selling weed out of a drive-through. Basically, folks would order, use the right code word and get served zips in addition to the food they ordered. I forget what code words they were using, but they inadvertantly solicited or sold drugs to some cops.