on the dig in nam

manchildmanchild 56 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Yo haven't posted here in a while but might be time to saddle up...Making my way through Vietnam at the moment - anyone ever been here and had a dig? In Hanoi now and will kick down to Ho Chi Minh in good time so if anyone got any spots hit me up! Otherwise better get back to enjoying the fine food and the fine ladies...

Comments

• ericeric 155 Posts
    I've being there 2 years ago.
    I went from north to south, and i did'n found a single record.

North and center are awesome, i did'n liked ho chi min city(saigon), but there are nice thing in the south(mekong,cu chi tunnel where you can try fire arms like ak47 and m60,shotgun, 30 caliber, for a dollar the bullet.)

When you'll be in the center go to "hoi han" old city, half of the city is japanese architecture and the other half is chinese.

Streets of hanoi.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Vietnam has been on the CD tip for a long while. Cassettes too but very tough to find vinyl unless it's an expat flogging off their stuff or you want Richard Clayderman records. Been there a few times and never found anything worthwhile record wise. Hue's interesting and Hoi An is beautiful although it's getting built up but Hanoi is my favourite place and also the spot for eating the best cha ca. Before going to down to Saigon if you get the chance head north to Halong and maybe Sapa, if you haven't already.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I have a few killer Vietnamese blues cassettes.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Don't mention my name while you are there. People are still sensitive about the wild shit I pulled during the war.

• My boy was there a couple years ago and he brought back multiple pieces of wax that had me going crazy. I'll ask him where he was at and get back at you...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I think there was an all out civil war there during the the classic soul funk years followed by a brutal communist restructuring. Might have put a cramp on the record industry.

Go and prove me wrong.