YOU FUCKING ROBOTS

Comments

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

The last 2 times that I've seen you in person...and this actually goes back a while...I refused your hand shake the last time and had to hold myself back from punching your lights out the time before that.

hahaha. how could i forget? you remind me of your restrained gangsta EVERY time we converse online. hahaa. You have some issues to work out. but in case you don't get around to it, come test next time i see you. get it out.

I didn't know you cared so much. I'm just glad you didnt' have your gat in your knapsack (no da king and i).

I am enjoying NY. But I've been working in N.O. for the past 6 months. The Hatian hex that your wife put on me 10 yrs ago has finally worn off, Rashied.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

The last 2 times that I've seen you in person...and this actually goes back a while...I refused your hand shake the last time and had to hold myself back from punching your lights out the time before that.

This is great.

And, Shied, you act like thinking somebody is crazy and being polite to them are completely irreconcilable.

I assure you that I think you are completely nuts, but that you are also in that select group of SoulStrutters whom I would be enthusiastic about meeting in the real world.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

hahaha. how could i forget? you remind me of your restrained gangsta EVERY time we converse online. hahaa. You have some issues to work out. but in case you don't get around to it, come test next time i see you. get it out.

I didn't know you cared so much. I'm just glad you didnt' have your gat in your knapsack (no da king and i).

I am enjoying NY. But I've been working in N.O. for the past 6 months. The Hatian hex that your wife put on me 10 yrs ago has finally worn off, Rashied.

All rivalries aside, if you're in NOLA, I send you my most genuine best wishes on doing whatever you can to contribute to getting that most wonderful place back up and running as it was meant to by its really real natives.

As for me, hell yes I'm on extra edge the past couple of weeks and so on for I just landed a new job that's gonna give me an enormous raise and I'm having to lay off of the bong until I get past my drug screen.

And I guess I'm not afraid to also admit that the anger management classes that I've been attending as of late have been providing me some worthy strategies for coping with living in a world spun by millions upon billions of not-about-shit-cosmopolitan beeeeyatches.

I know, Jason, that you can relate to a Southern disposition that makes us much less likely to turn a blind eye to shit that rightfully so gets under our skins. I can't just look at my own personal successes and use them to wipe away the torrents of bullschitt that I see coming from people who are supposedly earmarked as my peers. And that's kinda what I meant by fools on here not knowing what our lives are like. The street that I live on categorically does not stand for any of this half-assed crizzap that so many others are on nowadays. That's why I say if anyone really wants it, you can come right down and get it.

Because socially-acceptable behavior or not, we are living in the most despicably gluttonous, self-serving, tunnel-vision-sporting, punk-ass-weak society this world has ever known...and I can tell you right now that it ain't piss-poor and dumb rednecks who are the ones making it as such.

Anyway, at the very least I'm pleased that I'm going to get to walk over to Nelson Field to see the Public Offenders perform along with the Reagan High School Soul Raiders Marching Band doing their beats for them at halftime of the football game tonight.

Ain't nothing pop about that.

• Two, what's silly is to think that just because you play Trae's Real Talk for a bunch of Becky's or that Trae comes up to NYC and does a show in front of an excited crowd of kooks...that the real schitt down here where he actually comes from doesn't exist anymore to the point of no longer considering it as just that...it's own thing.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

All rivalries aside, if you're in NOLA, I send you my most genuine best wishes on doing whatever you can to contribute to getting that most wonderful place back up and running as it was meant to by its really real natives.

As for me, hell yes I'm on extra edge the past couple of weeks and so on for I just landed a new job that's gonna give me an enormous raise and I'm having to lay off of the bong until I get past my drug screen.

And I guess I'm not afraid to also admit that the anger management classes that I've been attending as of late have been providing me some worthy strategies for coping with living in a world spun by millions upon billions of not-about-shit-cosmopolitan beeeeyatches.

I know, Jason, that you can relate to a Southern disposition that makes us much less likely to turn a blind eye to shit that rightfully so gets under our skins. I can't just look at my own personal successes and use it to wipe away the torrents of bullschitt that I see coming from people who are supposedly earmarked as my peers. And that's kinda what I meant by fools on here not knowing what our lives are like. The street that I live on categorically does not stand for any of this half-assed crizzap that so many others are on nowadays. That's why I say if anyone really wants it, you can come right down and get it.

Because socially-acceptable behavior or not, we are living in the most despicably gluttonous, self-serving, tunnel-vision-sporting, punk-ass-weak society this world has ever known...and I can tell you right now that it ain't piss-poor and dumb rednecks who are the ones making it as such.

Anyway, at the very least I'm pleased that I'm going to get to walk over to Nelson Field to see the Public Offenders perform along with the Reagan High School Soul Raiders Marching Band doing their beats for them at halftime of the football game tonight.

Ain't nothing pop about that.

I really don't know what to say about some of this.

BUT, there is no rivaly between us.

I genuinely hope for the best for you and your fam.

And I can relate to some of how you feel, but I disagree with your particular tactics of expression. To each his own... and not for nothing, I don't see the value of losing an important message in the delivery. Whether about rap, politics, socio-economics, kids, the criminal justice system or anything else.. you can't force or admonish people into caring. You can only state your case, lead by example and not punish people for showing up late. At least they showed up.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

oh yeah... and i have REALLY been enjoying some brass and marching bands out here.

What could be better?

I really don't know what to say about some of this.

BUT, there is no rivaly between us.

I genuinely hope for the best for you and your fam.

And I can relate to some of how you feel, but I disagree with your particular tactics of expression. To each his own... and not for nothing, I don't see the value of losing an important message in the delivery. Whether about rap, politics, socio-economics, kids, the criminal justice system or anything else.. you can't force or admonish people into caring. You can only state your case, lead by example and not punish people for showing up late. At least they showed up.

It is a different tactic, but I'm far from the only one using it successfully. I've been part of a Haitian family for a long time now and there is very much that I have learned regarding the value of not giving in one single iota to people who step to the plate with bullschitt smeared all over their faces. The message has never been intended to be kumbaya, everyone deserves to be treated with gentle hands so that hopefully kind words and turning the other cheek towards their all-too-obvious missteps can help foster a kindergarten environment for them to hopefully find the way to finally come correct. The message is get it right or get the fuck out of our faces. There's certainly a degree of patience and tolerance that goes along with that, but baby soft hands are for a baby soft world...and that's just not what I have ever experienced in this one.

Anyway, stay tuned for a big article that I have coming out next Thursday. I guarantee that it will knock your socks off...if the Cyril Neville piece didn't already obliterate them.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

I know, Jason, that you can relate to a Southern disposition that makes us much less likely to turn a blind eye to shit that rightfully so gets under our skins. I can't just look at my own personal successes and use them to wipe away the torrents of bullschitt that I see coming from people who are supposedly earmarked as my peers. And that's kinda what I meant by fools on here not knowing what our lives are like.

You were talking to me when you said that. I spent the first 18 years of my life in Mississippi. I have seen poverty and misery and racism as bad as anywhere in the US. I have been shot at, saw people shot and killed. My childhood friend John West was murdered senselessly in a drive by shooting. You don't know me and you don't know what my life is like. Let me say it again: you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

I know, Jason, that you can relate to a Southern disposition that makes us much less likely to turn a blind eye to shit that rightfully so gets under our skins. I can't just look at my own personal successes and use them to wipe away the torrents of bullschitt that I see coming from people who are supposedly earmarked as my peers. And that's kinda what I meant by fools on here not knowing what our lives are like.

You were talking to me when you said that. I spent the first 18 years of my life in Mississippi. I have seen poverty and misery and racism as bad as anywhere in the US. I have been shot at, saw people shot and killed. My childhood friend John West was murdered senselessly in a drive by shooting. You don't know me and you don't know what my life is like. Let me say it again: you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Yeah, I suppose it's a prerequisite to know your full life's story before even attempting to critique your dj steez or your comments on the relationship between rap and pop. Funny thing is that when I've previously said good things in anticipation of your visits to my town in our weekly newspaper, you didn't attempt to hold me to the same standard.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dude you're a dick.

Dude you're a dick.

Fine, I'll add you to the list of almost identically-sized 5'7" twerps who think so.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    this thread gets more and more intersting with each new post.

Harvey have you considered starring in a television show? I got a pitch meeting at BET in a couple weeks and I think you'd make for excellent (non)reality TV

Cosmo, now I'd be happy to tell you that this little tidbit I wrote on y'all for SXSW, which you afterwards described on this board as a rare instance of a writer actually getting what The Rub is all about...was completely written in jest.

THE RUB: DJ AYRES & COSMO BAKER
    12:30am, Club One 15 Throwing outrageous dance parties in their adopted home of Brooklyn, DJ Eleven, DJ Ayres, and Cosmo Baker blend genres mash-up style as their takes on hip-hop, soul, and funk cover bases galore. Able to bring men, women, gays, hipsters, and thugs together peacefully under the same roof, the Rub DJs transform expansive club spaces into unruly saunas of unbridled pleasure. ??? Robert Gabriel

That you never questioned it as anything but a compliment shows that we are indeed worlds apart.

Punks get steam.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    this thread gets more and more intersting with each new post.

Harvey have you considered starring in a television show? I got a pitch meeting at BET in a couple weeks and I think you'd make for excellent (non)reality TV

I've got visions of a real-life version of Chappelle's "The Haters" sketches....

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Yeah, I suppose it's a prerequisite to know your full life's story before even attempting to critique your dj steez or your comments on the relationship between rap and pop.

You know, Shied, if you're going to get personal when discussing music with people (accusing the other person of not being real enough to roll with Z-Ro, of never having been to the South, of never having heard Get Ya Mind Correct,etc.) you really can't be mad when they correct your misconceptions.

Funny thing is that when I've previously said good things in anticipation of your visits to my town in our weekly newspaper, you didn't attempt to hold me to the same standard.

So you're saying that because he's correcting you now, he should have realized that you were "lying" when you praised his DJing and "corrected" you then?

You are out there.

So you taking the time to replace your head with my head is supposed to reflect badly on me???

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    This is amazing. Dude you truly are out of your mind, as well as being a dick. That's a winning combination.

Keep on keeping on, Robert. I'm sure somewhere within your fantasies you're being revered as the true champion that you are. Meanwhile back in reality, the fact of the matter is that you're just some weird dude who posts a lot of crap on the internet.

Keep up the good work, homie!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    This is amazing. Dude you truly are out of your mind, as well as being a dick. That's a winning combination.

Keep on keeping on, Robert. I'm sure somewhere within your fantasies you're being revered as the true champion that you are. Meanwhile back in reality, the fact of the matter is that you're just some weird dude who posts a lot of crap on the internet.

you're about 2 posts away from being challenged to a fishfight

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

'Sup Guz? You trying to instigate here for that reality show? On the one hand, we've already seen Cosmo's pugalistic skills via YouTube but on the other hand, I think this thread proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that hell hath no fury like RG scorned.

Funny thing is that when I've previously said good things in anticipation of your visits to my town in our weekly newspaper, you didn't attempt to hold me to the same standard.

So you're saying that because he's correcting you now, he should have realized that you were "lying" when you praised his DJing and "corrected" you then?

You are out there.

When did I ever praise his deejaying? I only went to that showcase to see my old buddy Ross Hogg spin hardcore rap music centered around a central theme of the Bay Area and me and my wife and Tee Double and his girl all enjoyed the fuck out of that. Since I had to wait for Ross to pack up his stuff because I was then taking him over to the Back Room to see Devin, I caught a little of Catchdub's set which was also pretty darned good, albeit kinda all over the place. On the flipside of that, the chunk of DJ Ayres' set that I heard before Ross went on was utter horseshit. Yeah, I'm sure someone "flew you down" to Austin so that you could impress upon an absolutely empty house how great 50 Cent's "Candy Shop", or whatever the fuck overplayed commercial trash you were playing, is. Only other thing I can reference is Houston for Dummies which is alright but it's basically a disconnected rehash of what 500 other dj's down here do on any given night.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

'Sup Guz? You trying to instigate here for that reality show? On the one hand, we've already seen Cosmo's pugalistic skills via YouTube but on the other hand, I think this thread proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that hell hath no fury like RG scorned.

FISHFIGHT, FISHFIGHT hahaha! And yo, "hell hath no fury like RG scorned" is BEYOND killing it Oliver!

Don't you know that I'm a 5'7" (plus 2 inches0 TWERP? I would never stand a chance against the mighty canal. To paraphrase Fela, man who fights the water is a fool, right?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

You are out there.

When did I ever praise his deejaying? I only went to that showcase to see my old buddy Ross Hogg spin hardcore rap music centered around a central theme of the Bay Area and me and my wife and Tee Double and his girl all enjoyed the fuck out of that. Since I had to wait for Ross to pack up his stuff because I was then taking him over to the Back Room to see Devin, I caught a little of Catchdub's set which was also pretty darned good, albeit kinda all over the place. On the flipside of that, the chunk of DJ Ayres' set that I heard before Ross went on was utter horseshit. Yeah, I'm sure someone "flew you down" to Austin so that you could impress upon an absolutely empty house how great 50 Cent's "Candy Shop", or whatever the fuck overplayed commercial trash you were playing, is. Only other thing I can reference is Houston for Dummies which is alright but it's basically a disconnected rehash of what 500 other dj's down here do on any given night.

I think this kind of speaks for itself. Dude, I see right through you. I doubt I'm alone. This is really only making yourself look worse than you already do.

You are out there.

When did I ever praise his deejaying?

I don't know, Shied--I don't read any of the Austin weeklies.

I assumed that the "good things" you claimed to have said in anticipation of his visits referred to his DJing. If I was mistaken in that assumption, would you mind telling the people what they did refer to? His haircut? The fit of his jeans? Wait--I got it--his carpetbaggeur swagger?!

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Robert I am supposed to be insulted? Do you know how SxSW works? You do a showcase for free so you can get a badge. With a badge you can get in all the shows for free. Cosmo and I DJed four times that weekend, and the only slow night was our showcase, which was the same night as the Devin the Dude show. Nobody promoted our showcase, because we didn't care. The last show we did, on Saturday at Beauty Bar drew 1000 people and paid handsomely. When we came back with A-Trak, we packed the club, and last time I was there with Mel it was packed too. And next month when I'm back in Austin, come see if it isn't packed again.

I'm don't have to defend my DJing skills - I have a really succesful career doing this all over the world and I couldn't care less about your opinion of me. But try to control yourself, you look like even more of an idiot when you talk a bunch of bullshit about people you don't know anything about.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    fuck this shit.

"I'm taking my toys and I'm going home."

"oh yeah, and those nice things I said about you, I WAS LYING!!!"

haha. did you learn this tactic from the Haitian Family Members, as well?

Good Lord.

Good luck with those anger managemnt classes.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

Cosmo, you were asking about this. I just made it, while in court.. i need to cut it down.. but this seemed like an appropriate place to put it.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    fuck this shit.

"I'm taking my toys and I'm going home."

"oh yeah, and those nice things I said about you, I WAS LYING!!!"

haha. did you learn this tactic from the Haitian Family Members, as well?

Good Lord.

Good luck with those anger managemnt classes.

Hahahahahahah OH SHIT Jason!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Cosmo, you were asking about this. I just made it, while in court.. i need to cut it down.. but this seemed like an appropriate place to put it.

PERFECT. Thanks dude.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

I've never been to New York. I will never come to New York. You couldn't pay me all of the money on the world to come to New York.

Can you be any more of a fucking loser?

unbelievable.

I petition that everybody turns on the "ignore user" for this douche. All you're doing is feeding his where's waldo-willie loman psyche.