Shipping Records

CueCue 26 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
I have to move my stuff back from school and I'm flying back but shipping everything else. There are about 50 records that I'm taking back home w/ me but I need to know if I should ship them or take them on the plane. I don't know how to pack these so they don't get mash up. Suggestions anyone?

Comments

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    50 is kind of a weird number to take on the plane. Unless you got a flight case I would ship them -- though the price for each option will be about the same. On that note, get a flight case.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    I have to move my stuff back from school and I'm flying back but shipping everything else. There are about 50 records that I'm taking back home w/ me but I need to know if I should ship them or take them on the plane. I don't know how to pack these so they don't get mash up. Suggestions anyone?

if you don't want to ship them, you could always pack them in one of those rolling carry-on bags and carry them on the flight like that. put some clothes and crap around them so that they don't move around.

but if 50 is too many to carry on for weight reasons or if you don't have a carry on like that, you could check them if you pad them up really well in the checked bags. i did this in december with about 80 records from india to the u.s. and they all got there safely. i'm about to do it with 100 more (although i'm carrying on about 14 slabs of super- and ultra-heat) and hopefully they'll get there just as safe.

oh, back in december i did have the scare that my larger bag, with more than half of the lps and the majority of gifts that i had gotten for people, was lost when i got back. luckily the airline found it and brought it to me the next day. whew!