How Long Before I Don't Like The New Beyonce?

d_wordd_word 666 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Goddang this new single is great - but will radio play kill your/my appreciation of it? If so when?BTW I never grew tired of "GIRL" New single "Irreplaceable" - YAY or NAY?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Its all about "Freakum Dress"

• a good friend of mine told me that she has lived every song and thinks beyonce is talking directly to her w/this album

• well, "Ring the Alarm" definitely ranks as one of the most annoying songs ever. So it shouldn't be long.

• upgrade you is still

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    I STILL like this track. Here's some waxing poetic by K. Sanneh in today's NYT. I cosign this kinda enthusiasm:

There is no indication that the album includes one of the year???s best (and maybe biggest) pop songs. No warning that, after listening to Track 9, you may find a silly little catchphrase ??? ???To the left, to the left??? ??? lodged in your brain. In other words, there is no mention of a fast-rising hit called ???Irreplaceable,??? which might just be the greatest ... well, let???s not get carried away. But let???s acknowledge that this is precisely the kind of song that makes it easy to get carried away.

???Irreplaceable??? is the payoff: it transforms all that mistrust and anguish into a glorious anthem of fed-up-ness. She sounds exuberant, especially as she delivers those now-famous break-up lines: ???To the left, to the left/Everything you own in a box to the left.??? This isn???t just a sing-along; it???s a point-along.

Like lots of great pop songs, ???Irreplaceable??? isn???t quite as resolute as it first seems. When Beyonc?? sings, ???Don???t you ever for a second get to thinking/You???re irreplaceable,??? it sounds like a warning, not a breakup. Elsewhere, she slips between the present tense (???I can have another you by tomorrow???) and the conditional (???I could have another you in a minute???). It sounds as if the guy might not be needing those boxes after all.

"The song doesn???t have a boisterous hip-hop beat; instead there???s a gently strummed guitar. And when Beyonc?? reaches for the high notes, her voice gets quiet, as if she???s afraid of missing them. The moment of highest drama comes after two and half minutes.

Beyonc?? sings, ???Replacing you is so easy,??? and then most of the music drops out, as if she???s just crossed some invisible line. No turning back now, though, because that catchphrase is coming round again: ???To the left, to the left.??? And it???s getting easier to hear the depressing message hidden inside this cheerful song. We all like to be told that we are irreplaceable. But how many of us really believe it?

At the very least, there is one kind of person who is eminently replaceable: the pop star. Certainly Beyonc?? isn???t in danger of being replaced any time soon: last week ???Irreplaceable??? leapt to No. 4 from No. 9 on the Hot 100; now she has the happy conundrum of promoting the song while also promoting her new film, ???Dreamgirls.??? (???Listen,??? which was mentioned on the album sticker, is also the first single from the movie soundtrack.) But Beyonc?????s recent moment of professional peril makes it easier to hear a different story line in one of the year???s most memorable songs.

???Don???t you ever for a second get to thinking/You???re irreplaceable.??? Maybe that???s not a threat. Maybe it???s a motivational speech. Maybe Beyonc?? is just giving herself some good advice.

• My wife lets me know what it is concerning all pop music- she was very about the album but LOVED Irreplaceable instantly. I thought the song pretty much was doo-doo but liked most of the 1st half of the album. Goes to show I don't know schitt compared to my wife.

• New single "Irreplaceable" - YAY or NAY?

i like contemporary r&b music but have NEVER been a fan of beyonce's music. her voice doesn't do it for me. i'd take mariah, aaliyah, janet, and even chicks like ciara over her.

• pppppppp 261 Posts

New single "Irreplaceable" - YAY or NAY?

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks. sounds like avril lavigne or something.

• dude...have your wife call me and tell me what's hot then...cuz, I am

I think this song is pure garbage...seriously...garbage...

I can see why people (women) feel compelled to like it...because it speaks to them...about a situation that they've gone through...etc...etc...but, come on! her voice/lyrics...etc....garbage.....she's great in the video though.....if you mute it

On February 11, 2007, B'Day won the Grammy for Best Contemporary R&B Album, bringing Beyonce's lifetime Grammy total up to 10 (seven as a solo artist and three won with Destiny's Child).

In addition to the original 12 tracks from Beyonce's multi-platinum album, Disc One of B'Day - Deluxe Edition premieres three brand-new songs in English: the album's first single, "Beautiful Liar," a superstar duet between Beyonce and Shakira, as well as "If" and "Flaws & All."

Disc Two of the expanded B'Day - Deluxe Edition debuts six new Spanish language tracks including "Amor Gitano," Beyonce's sensuous flamenco-pop duet with Latin Grammy-winning superstar Alejandro Fernandez. Cowritten by Beyonce with Grammy-winning songwriters/recording artists Reyli Barba and Jaime Flores and produced by Grammy-winning producer Rudy Perez, "Amor Gitano" will be heard as the theme music for "Zorro: La Espada y La Rosa (The Sword and the Rose)," a telenovela (serialized television soap opera) premiering February 12 on Telemundo (check your local listings). Beginning Monday, February 12, the track may be streamed at http://www.yahootelemundo.com/zorro.

Rounding out Disc Two of B'Day - Deluxe Edition are Beyonce's Spanish language versions of "Listen (Oye)" and "Irreplaceable (Irrempiazable)" as well as three new mixes of "Beautiful Liar."

Also arriving on Tuesday, April 3 is Beyonce's B'Day Anthology Video Album. Available exclusively at Wal-Mart Stores Inc., the B'Day Anthology Video Album includes Beyonce's videos for "Kitty Kat (intro)"/"Upgrade U" featuring Jay-Z, "Deja Vu," "Ring The Alarm," "Irreplaceable," "Listen," "Green Light," "Suga Mama," "Get Me Bodied," "Freakum Dress" and "Beautiful Liar" featuring Shakira. As an added bonus, the video collection features the Spanish-language version of "Irreplaceable" and the Spanglish version of "Beautiful Liar" featuring Shakira.

Anybody catch her lipsyncin'/mimicing Jay-Z in the Upgrade video? And her new Shakira duet- doodoo.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Goddang this new single is great - but will radio play kill your/my appreciation of it? If so when?
    Six weeks or 120 listens.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Haha - I still love this track.

I also like her sophisticated, worldly and healthy looking back-up band.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

• you should stop liking her about a year ago

8 videos in 2 weeks..........b/w Narcissism

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts

New single "Irreplaceable" - YAY or NAY?

how about 'ghey'

so pop it hurts

and the part in the video when they are all 'jamming' ..oh god kill me now. when i see someone playing a real drum kit while 808 drums are playing in the backround i get furious.

Beyonce - "Unlistenable" heating up the charts bwoy!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    dude...have your wife call me and tell me what's hot then

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    who's heard "creole"??? that's that club banger shit.

White label perhaps? Never heard it. Or maybe its on the album of under a different name?

• who's heard "creole"??? that's that club banger shit.

White label perhaps? Never heard it. Or maybe its on the album of under a different name?

i think that's a japan only track or something, doesn't really go with the sound of the album. Sounds like Rich Harrison in NOLA. I remember feeling a little about it but i'll give it another listen.

i think that's a japan only track or something

For all of my brown bones
    that make a good ?
    And all of my redbones that make a good sauce
    the yellow bone flavor is familiar to me
    mix it all together it's a delicacy

So all my redbones get on the floor
    and all my yellow bones get on the floor
    and all my brown bones get on the [/b]

Food R&B!!!!

I could definitely see this as a club banger. I dont know if its worth me copping' the Japanese import though.