Photos: Stones Throw Concert in Toronto on Oct30th

ChequeDaEditChequeDaEdit 135 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
What Up Ya'll,I just upped the photos i took at the Stone Throw Concert at the Pheonix on Monday October 30th in Toronto.www.djeditone.com/pics.htmPercee P is a BEAST on the mic, but too may references about how long he has been in the game. Enjoy

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    is it worth $20?

im debating checking it out at bb kings tonight in the ny.

• I think so. I really enjoyed myself and was pleasantly suprised by Aloe Blacc and Percee P, they ripped the mic hard. J-Rocc is a beast on the turntables and he does a good job with crowd interaction.

If you are a Stones Throw fan it is a must see. That being said live Madlib performace is an acquired taste, I was feeling his set but I can easily see others not getting into his schtick.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    gee golly, another experimental jetset bite.

• gee golly, another experimental jetset bite.

Can not decipher, please spit again.

• those Beatles shirts (and derivatives thereof) are played out, no?

• Those dudes (Madlib, PBW, J-Rocc, and Percee P) all rolled through the record store I work at Sunday before the show. Cool cats, real mellow. Bought a load of stuff, didn't ask me to trot out shit for them, just dug through the bins like regular customers. PBW asked me if I was going to the show that night and I told him it was too expensive so he threw me and my girl on the guestlist and after the show laced me up with a pile of his mix CDs for free. They're alright in my book.

SONIC

• Those dudes (Madlib, PBW, J-Rocc, and Percee P) all rolled through the record store I work at Sunday before the show. Cool cats, real mellow. Bought a load of stuff, didn't ask me to trot out shit for them, just dug through the bins like regular customers. PBW asked me if I was going to the show that night and I told him it was too expensive so he threw me and my girl on the guestlist and after the show laced me up with a pile of his mix CDs for free. They're alright in my book.

SONIC

no doubting that, those dudes are solid down to earth people. I have nothing but the upmost respect for them. I'm gonna drop by the LA show. Plus the El Rey has gotten a much needed make over

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    Those dudes (Madlib, PBW, J-Rocc, and Percee P) all rolled through the record store I work at Sunday before the show.
    i saw wolf in the afternoon at cosmos.
    is that where youre at, sonic?

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    those Beatles shirts (and derivatives thereof) are played out, no?

I saw a Bell Biv Devoe one that I'd rock. Who got a link?

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

Ain't wearing a t-shirt declaring your appreciation of the Beatles like wearing a t-shirt declaring your appreciation of soup? Aesthetics aside, of course.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    I mean - I like the Beatles a lot - but who don't?

• Those dudes (Madlib, PBW, J-Rocc, and Percee P) all rolled through the record store I work at Sunday before the show.
    i saw wolf in the afternoon at cosmos.

is that where youre at, sonic?

Detroit

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

Ain't wearing a t-shirt declaring your appreciation of the Beatles like wearing a t-shirt declaring your appreciation of soup? Aesthetics aside, of course.

my point has nothing to do w/ the subject matter of the shirts, but rather the design. Did you click through all the pages? That is what I'm talking about.

• Big big thanks to everyone that has attended one of the tour stops, your support & enthusiasm has been absolutely amazing. We've met some incredible fans, have some great stories, and all around, it's been an unbelieveable past 2-3 months touring Japan, Europe, US, & Canada. Thursday's show in NYC was off the hook and we are now down to the final 2 Shows (Baltimore & LA) so thanks again to everyone for all of the support! For pix thus far, peep here

With regards to the experimental jetset type t-shirt that J.Rocc is sporting, this was created by Union LA with all of the proceeds being donated to Dilla's mother as opposed to 98% of the Dilla tribute tees out there so it's a worthy cause.