I'M AN ONLINE SHOPPING PHENOMENON! (help!)

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
Tonight I wound up on the national ten o'clock news. For reasons unknown, a producer tracked me down, asked to interview me this afternoon and then, some hours later, I became Canada's ONE MAN ONLINE SHOPPING PHENOMENON!!!!! Not only that, but to my great embarrassment, Canada now knows me as the goof with the stuffed duck. Also, it seems my expedit has 500 records--where the hell did that come from? If I knew they were going to film my records I would have brought out my Leo Sayer collection instead of some silly Bollywood jackets. At least they showed me browsing Lotusland records' website. T*m, if you get a rash of Canadians buying some modern soul heatery, you know why. The irony is that I buy very little online besides records (500 records, it seems).Am I able to capture a RAM stream? I want to have a record of my ten seconds of silliness. The stream, should be you interested, is at http://www.cbc.ca/clips/national/thenational.ram and will be up for until 11:30PM EST tomorrow. I'm at 16 minutes.

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I can't change my own title. Can a moderator lay "mad brownies" to rest and dub me "one man online shopping phenomenon"? I'm going to start selling t-shirts with that on them...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    HOT!

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    JYEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A foll from Soulstrut on CBC national news? EXCELLENT! That was great Dan.

• Am I able to capture a RAM stream? I want to have a record of my ten seconds of silliness. The stream, should be you interested, is at http://www.cbc.ca/clips/national/thenational.ram and will be up for until 11:30PM EST tomorrow. I'm at 16 minutes.

Damn, I always thought that was you in your avatar!

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Hey you lied! That avatar isn't you!

I love the after thought.......

(camera in your face) "Here's my stuffed duck!!"
    (seeing self on TV) "Oh shit I just showed the whole country my stuffed duck!"

Soulstrut neeeds it's own YouTube with this and Guzzo's Blind Date show.

• montymonty 420 Posts

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

looking spiffy in gingham check

can we parlay your 16 mins of fame into reservations at eigensinn farm?

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    wow danno really is hip hop.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    SWELL!
    you were looking at a 7" called mad hatters - mad hatters get down (a gourmet disco funk rarirty)?????????? i thought someone from soulstrut made that name up. is that a real 7" or did you fake that?

some of your books have golden bindings! wow!!!

thanks for posting that. i just got up. what a day already!!!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I think this may need to be a new graemlin alongside The Mighty Collectro.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

not so modest with the mouse, eh?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Jeez Dan, you spent $8 billion online last year and you've still only got 500 records? More importantly what was the Jazzman 45 and did you buy it? Excellent, a star in our midst.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts

Is that Greater Scaup or Lesser Scaup?

• not so modest with the mouse, eh?

POST OF THE DAY!!!!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    looking spiffy in gingham check

, move over!

• HA HA great show Dan! Here's a link to a downloadable movie...

http://www.dm.ucf.edu/~aschrock/zacks-low.mov

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Awesome!!!

So do you eat bean dip off the stuffed duck? Inquiring minds need to know

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

How did this come to be? This is amazing!

Now you all must recognize. Danno is the future of hip hop.

• How did this come to be?

You[/b] try moving to Fredericton!!!

Damn, always thought that was you in your avatar!

Yeah, I guess I spilled the beans. My avatar is Tom from the defunct Mars records in Montreal. Give me a couple of years and I'll look like him.

Hey you lied! That avatar isn't you!

I love the after thought.......

(camera in your face) "Here's my stuffed duck!!"
    (seeing self on TV) "Oh shit I just showed the whole country my stuffed duck!"

Soulstrut neeeds it's own YouTube with this and Guzzo's Blind Date show.

Ok, here's how it went down. I agreed to do the interview yesterday afternoon because I wanted to mention my label and website on national TV. I don't really buy much online beyond records, so when asked to see some purchases I had to scrounge. I had earlier mentioned the duck to the camera guy and he asked to see it. Immediately before showing it to him, I said something to the effect of "now i'm going to immortalize myself as the idiot guy with the duck". The didn't include that.

Still, how could I pass up an opportunity to talk taxidermy on the national news? I'm disappointed that they didn't show me pulling out records (Leo Sayer), talking about purchased music (Soulstrut EP), and describing my favourite record site (lotusland records). All my shameless plugging was ignored for the duck.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    the man will fuck you every time, dude.

• You got fucked.... with a duck.

• The duck is a classic.
    Shame that a lot of TV reports always serve to fulfil their own agendas, not caring about the light in which their interview subjects want to be seen. That's the biz, I guess.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    At what time in the one hour show does the interview kick in?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Ok it kicks in at around the 16 minute mark.

Dude, you sound sooo serious in that interview. Hillarious!