good music videos

troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
for some reason I never see any good, well made music videos any more. Videos like the ones on those Director File DVD's by those who push the video genre foward....like Spike Jones, Michel Gondry, Shynola, etc. I just came back from Italy where on some Euro Music channel (not MTV) they played these two videos that really entertained me. What are some contemporary music videos that do it for you?Jason Forrest

Comments

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    I've always thought the video Michel Gondry directed for The Chemical Brother's Let Forever Be was the most next level shit ever... pure genius.

Its going to take a lot to top a video like that in terms of creativity and vision. It was so unlike anything I'd seen before.. I mean the concept is pretty basic.. a bunch of girls dancing around, but the cuts and merges were face melting.

The way he did that Kylie - Come Into My World one was pretty amazing too.. all one take and all that.

• BlightyBlighty 225 Posts
    Those videos were great. Cheers. The Nothing To See Here website is has a lot of great stuff particularly the Fatboy Slim videos. There's also some live Alice Russell on there too and one of her videos and some really good art documentaries. It's a great site, well worth exploring.

http://videos.antville.org/ is a blog of (mostly) new (mostly) non mainstream music videos. New stuff up every day, tons of great videos in the archives, I think you'll find what you want there.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    these are a few years old, but still: aphex twin

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,917 Posts
    Pretty much anything by Chris Cunningham.