Dres (Black Sheep) interview @ XXL Mag.

Size13Size13 52 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• That new album is sounding surprisingly good, I'd cop but I can't get with that digital download thing. Hopefully they'll release it the right way soon... I'm glad Dres is a getting a little shine after all these years.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I've been waiting for this for years only to discover that Lawnge isn't on it? What a pisser.

• BlightyBlighty 225 Posts
    Dres is an underrated MC. This new stuff could have easily fallen down because of weak production but all three tracks posted on that interview and other stuff I've heard have all been very strong. It's a shame Mr Long didn't see it that way, I shall miss his humour. I'm definitely going to buy this.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    You guys are really feelin this?

I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Black Sheep fan (i even have Non - Fiction) and I think Wolf in SHeeps clothing ranks up there with the best hip-hop albums. And I think Dres is really talented (peep the track on the last Hnadsome boys modeling school) and i wish him well- but I dunno...I'm skeptical.

• Personally, I think this album is very good but at first listen didn't connect at all with my love of a Wolf in Sheep's Clothing. It sounds like a totally different group, but a good one at that. What has won me over is hearing Dres talk about the album, which has brought it all full circle...plus a few listens and seeing him play live recently.

Check this video posted on their imeem page, pretty classic:

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    You guys are really feelin this?

I'm a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge Black Sheep fan (i even have Non - Fiction) and I think Wolf in SHeeps clothing ranks up there with the best hip-hop albums. And I think Dres is really talented (peep the track on the last Hnadsome boys modeling school) and i wish him well- but I dunno...I'm skeptical.
    yea i gotta agree with you. I think the whole blacksheep ship has sailed. Those tracks on that interview, i thought were pretty weak.