Halcali

Funky_MimizuFunky_Mimizu 631 Posts
edited May 2005 in Strut Central
Anyone dig Halcali? It was kinda a guilty pleasure at first, but I've gotten over that, and can proudly enjoy them now.

Friend just borrowed me their DVD, and It's my new favorite shit. I think they're just high school chicks, but they are dope. Nice beats too...

Have they hit in America? If they haven't, they should.

However, I can't say the same for their musical tastes unfortunately...
http://www.apple.com/jp/itunes/celebrityplaylists/halcali/

Peace...
FNM

Comments

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts
    I love Halcali I posted a song of theirs not long ago, I think it was the first one they came out with in about 2001 or something, really nice kinda circus beat lol. Pretty cute girls pretty fresh beats cool dance moves whilst they rap who could complain. I have quite a few of their songs. I got the impression though off this Japanese girl I once talked to that they were not that popular in Japan and not really anywhere.

• I got the impression though off this Japanese girl I once talked to that they were not that popular in Japan and not really anywhere.

Yeah, I think that's why I'm not ashamed to like them now, haha... Most people I've met here, either don't know them, or don't dig it much... But lately, I've met a few Japanese who dig them, most of which are DJ's, or into underground hip-hop and such ... Halcali is wierd... It's technically J-pop I guess, but it's worlds apart from the shit playing on the radio and being bought and rocked by 90% of the general japanese population. I guess I liken it to like... say... Pizacatto Five. Not musically, but in that they are j-pop, but with a smaller, more discrimainating audience.

Peep their new album, "Ongaku Nosusume"... Dope!

Peace...
    FNM