Vegas Strutters (N gambling R)

gambitgambit 906 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Ay yo,I'm in Las Vegas right now and I'm trying to do some record shopping.I found the requisite record shops, but I was hoping for (an) accomplice(s). Maybe be hipped to some hush-hush spaces.I'm not trying to buy out the town. I leave Monday night.I've already burned my gambling money. Time to buy raers, so holla!

Comments

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    No one wants to help a brotha from Motown?

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Whattup man.. If you get a chance to read this. Give me a quick holler on the Pm. I'll show you a couple spots.. gotta hurry though.

- spidey

• PM me.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Already back from Vegas, I only hit up Rich's store. That was enough for me. I also copped John Doe's mix. It's pretty slick.

Never in my life have I walked into a store to see LPs from The Silhouettes, The Nite-Liters, The Fatback Band, Brother To Brother, Loading Zone, Little Milton and Foster Sylvers, among other crazy grail-like stuff all at the same time.

Vegas, I'll be back... you can count on that.

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    plaese to share info on the spots...on the pm's if you like.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts

Never in my life have I walked into a store to see LPs from The Silhouettes, The Nite-Liters, The Fatback Band, Brother To Brother, Loading Zone, Little Milton and Foster Sylvers, among other crazy grail-like stuff all at the same time.

and at such reasonable prices too..

- spidey

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

and at such reasonable prices too..

- spidey
    Touch??!

I wish I had seen the Lexus SUV before I tried to haggle, but I gotta give it to him - he must be doing something right.

• I wish I had seen the Lexus SUV before I tried to haggle, but I gotta give it to him - he must be doing something right.

did you have the problems he's so notoriously famous for??? I thought he was cool, but I don't whine about the prices of records I want and I came at him crazy aggro and he actually came off some of the prices on ish (though I think he had a grip of Iron Knowledge joints at the time).

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I wish I had seen the Lexus SUV before I tried to haggle, but I gotta give it to him - he must be doing something right.

did you have the problems he's so notoriously famous for??? I thought he was cool, but I don't whine about the prices of records I want and I came at him crazy aggro and he actually came off some of the prices on ish (though I think he had a grip of Iron Knowledge joints at the time).
    I didn't know about dude's reputation. I seriously just blindly ran up into the store after I looked it up in the phonebook. My face melted, then I calmed down and tried to cop stuff I could wrap my brain around actually buying.

I didn't even think I'd have money to go record-shopping since it was my first time there anyway. Next time I'm out there, it'll be mainly a record-buying excursion... and the occasional poker playing.