windows for mac

stilldigginstilldiggin 223 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
can someone help me, Im sure this is a repet post butCan you telll me if there is a downloadable versionof windows that is trustworthy and can i run it using that Boot camp or another emulator like that.Im running the 10.7 tiger stuff on macbookpro. sorry im not that good with computers and i really need to get windows for cheapthanks.

Comments

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    sorry im not that good with computers

gluck using bootcamp. ive hurd 3 installs and several heart attacks are requisite for gutting the apple soul.

• Also try parallels...

Should be able to run plain vanilla windows XP, just find somebody with an install disc.

• Also try parallels...

Should be able to run plain vanilla windows XP, just find somebody with an install disc.

this is the way to go, fuck a boot camp. parellels is like 70 bux at the apple store or a download
    from their web site, you can then install XP, linux, etc at will. it runs natively on the x86 macs in
    a window right on the same shit as osx is so you dont have to reboot to switch, you can drag and drop
    files between platforms.

• Also try parallels...

this is the way to go, fuck a boot camp. parellels is like 70 bux at the apple store or a download
    from their web site, you can then install XP, linux, etc at will. it runs natively on the x86 macs in
    a window right on the same shit as osx is so you dont have to reboot to switch, you can drag and drop
    files between platforms.

• Is anyone here running paralells on Mac and running Pc Audio Software VSTS etc. Any problems... Just a guy I have been coallaborating with has a Mac and i have a PC and it would be good if I could install all my VSTs and programs on his Mac.

• it has to be one of the new macs with x86 chips in them (intel)
    otherwise it's a no go. there's a couple little issues with it all
    (some stuff mostly with bluetooth keyboards, key mapping, some stuff like
    that.)

otherwise, the windows stuff seems to run great via parallels.
    (wait, i'm drunk, i have zero experience with running audio programs
    with this situation.)

keep in mind, you wont be able to for example load an instrument or effect from
    your PC world onto his mac via parallels and then use it in conjunction with
    whatever mac world software he's using.

think of it as having two machines with a nice little path between them,
    run parallels and you're instantly creating both a OSX machine and a
    Windows machine without having to double your hardware.

• keep in mind, you wont be able to for example load an instrument or effect from
    Yes he has an intel MAC
    It was more that i could go over and use my windows software and vsts that I am familar with on his machine than to get the MAc and windows apps working together and I just wonder if there are any driver and soundcard configuration issues .

• keep in mind, you wont be able to for example load an instrument or effect from
    Yes he has an intel MAC

It was more that i could go over and use my windows software and vsts that I am familar with on his machine than to get the MAc and windows apps working together and I just wonder if there are any driver and soundcard configuration issues .

dunno, but i'd love to hear about your results/issues etc.

Yes he has an intel MAC

dunno, but i'd love to hear about your results/issues etc.
    I dont think it will take him much convincing to buy paralells if i can load him up with apps. I will let you know what happens in the coming weeks.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    ^^^^

I've heard that some of the laptops had a quirk where if you had headphones in, the sound would still come out of the speakers. Other than that I think it's running XP Audio software just fine.

I can't wait to actually have some money so I can go cop one!

• I'm runnin xp on Parallels for a few things on my Macbook. Couldn't justify a partition for Windows in Bootcamp.

My girl is running Bootcamp on her Macbook Pro. Would be better with PC keyboard but overall seems ok.

I heard that only the expensive version of Vista will run on an emulator. That would still leave Bootcamp but can anybody confirm this or is it a rumor?