Red Draw: Just In Texas??? (Drunk Strut)

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
There is an old Drive-In restaurant in Wichita Falls, Texas that is famous for it's "Red Draw" which they have been serving since at least the 50's. It's a mixture of 1/2 Tap Beer and 1/2 Tomato JuiceSounds disgusting.......tastes unusually good.Anyone else hear of this drink in other parts of the country??According to some locals they would even serve kids Red Draws back in the day if they were accompanied by their parents!!

Comments

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    When Mexican beer flavored with a couple of dashes of Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce is used instead of vodka, it is known as a "Michelada".

When beer is used instead of vodka and Clamato (a juice made of clam broth and tomato juice) mixed with a raw egg is used in place of the tomato juice, it is known as a Calgary Red Eye, a popular Canadian hangover remedy.

It's called something else in TX too, but i can't remember the name.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    When Mexican beer flavored with a couple of dashes of Worcestershire sauce and Tabasco sauce is used instead of vodka, it is known as a "Michelada".

These always seem like a good idea when I order them, but I always wind up wondering what the fuck I was thinking by the time I get through a couple of sips.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    People drink that stuff all the time here in Alberta. Us Hicks got a lot in common.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    My pops always loved Clamato with Corona. Couldn't for the LIFE of me figure out why.

• Pretty big in the SouthWest. They call them Red Beers here in Colorado. Budweiser and V8. Or Clamato. I don't like them. I would rather just drink one or the other. Or a Bloody Mary.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Sure I new some yokels growing up in Oregon who swore by "Red Beers".
    Always sounded nasty to me, but I hate tomato juice so...

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    i'm a bartender in nyc and i just heard of this mix about a month ago. this nice couple from massachusettes who come by my spot to watch the patriots on sunday drink this shit on the regular. i thought they were insane but they kept telling me how good it is in the morning. i need to give it a try now.