Sacramento Spots

tallbobsmoketallbobsmoke 715 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Heading to Sacto this weekend. Can anyone hip me on some spots to pick up rekkids. Food spots are welcome too. Thank you kindly...

Comments

• Options
    Records on K St. (locally known as K street records).
    Last I heard they were getting relocated so I dont know whats up with that cause I havent been around in a while.

• Records on K Street (Downtown Sacramento)- Made famous for making the cover of DJ Shadow's Entroducing Album. It used to be the shit back when the father owned it, but now it's just not as nostalgic since his son took over. In saying that, it has a shit load of vinyl, you'll bound to find something. Ask to check the basement (if they let you). The last time I went a couple of months ago and it literally smelt like piss. It's not like Amir and the rats but I stayed as long as I could and copped some shit. Labcabin Lp, That's when ya lost 12", for cheap.

The Beat on J Street (Midtown/Downtown Sacramento)- Eh, not much but you might accidently find a gem or two. A bunch of common vinyl that you can stock up on. Actually, a good place for overseas vinyl, if you like house/trance/etc. The last time I went in there I copped Compton's Most Wanted first album and Gravediggaz first album for cheap.

Esoteric on Watt Ave/El Camino Ave (North Sacramento)- Really small but you may find something there.

Honestly, Sacramento had a bunch of mom and pop stores that would have a bunch of shit but now the have closed down and stores like Barnes and Nobles, Walmart, Target have taken over. RIP Tower Records. Trendy terds aren't into vinyl here. Only a few of us left I'm afraid.

I don't know where you live, but San Francisco and Oakland have great vinyl spots.

Groove Merchant (SF)- my favorite spot, Amoeba (SF and Berkeley), Groove Yard (Oakland), Open Mind Music (SF), Village Music (Marin)

Hope that helps and let me know if you find something good!