DJ Frenzie mix

Size13Size13 52 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
One of the last few REAL DJ's down here left.This is a link from this page to a recent mix of heat he found while in South America that he put together. See last post.http://www.stealthmag.com/board/viewthread.php?tid=6845&page=34

Comments

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    Good looking Size - I know some heads here are lazy so I cut Frenzie's post across for them

Originally posted by Frenzie

DOWNLOAD HERE[/b]

Gato Barbieri - To Be Continued (Impulse)
    Bebeto - Segura Nega (Copacabana)
    Mon Rivera - Lluvia Con Nieve (Alegre)
    Meireles E Sua Orquestra - Na Baixa Do Sapateiro (EMI)
    Hot Stuff Band - Ju Ju Man (Atlantic)
    Lady Zu E Toto - Hora De Uniao Samba Soul (Som Livre)
    Marcos Valle - Estrelar (Som Livre)
    Boogaloo Combo - Hot Pants Road (Epic)
    Gerson King Combo - Uma Chance (Polydor)
    Rita Lee - Agora E Moda (Som Livre)
    Willie Colon & Ruben Blades - Plastico (Fania)
    Black Sugar - Muevete Muevete (Corona)
    Titanic - Sultana (Epic)
    Fania Allstars - Smoke (Fania)
    Enrique Lynch y Su Conjunto - K Jee (Sonoradio)
    The Latin Brothers - Dulzura En Sol (Fuentes)
    Wilson Simonal - Na Baixa Do Sapateiro (Odeon)
    Daniel Sentacruz Ensemble - Corazon (Odeon)
    Mongo Santamaria - Olive Fry (Vaiven)

ok - Here is a tape of some of the records I found overseas. This was actually broadcast on my radio show on Friday, but I have dropped a few songs from the mix in order to shorten the length, and make it all fit on a CD.
    Tracks are from 1964 - 1983 Peru, Brazil, Argentina, Puerto Rico, and Colombia.
    File is 320kbps - so it may take a while to DL

Enjoy..

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Great mix!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    slowly but surely...

• frenziefrenzie 174 Posts
    oh shit..
    I'm like all embarassed and stuff..

I'm pretty happy with the mix.. i know it won't be as deep as some of the other south american collectors out there, but I was extremely happy with the 2 crates of records I brought home with me, and it was a great musical learning experience to actually get to know about some of these artists and labels.. and of course it was real inspiring to get my hands dirty again - digging in australia will never be the same.

The holiday was amazing BTW - record buying only took up a small amount of time compared to all the other incredible things I did and saw..

For those that are interested, I have some photos at my site [color:purple]HERE[/color], of various record stores in brazil, Peru, and Argentina. I didn't get photos of every store I went to though, which is a shame. I'm sure some of the regular SA diggers here may recognise a store or two..

Does anyone know of any stores in Bolivia? I'm pretty sure I saw one store in Santa Cruz, but I was on a bus at the time, so I didn't get to check it out.
    And I could find no vinyl in Paraguay at all, although I was only there for a short time..

• frenziefrenzie 174 Posts

haha - yeah, a few too many brazil tracks ended up in the mix compared to other countries, It's just how it turned out..

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Word Frenzie nice work.

You playin at tonic soon or have i missed that?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    hot mix Sha****!!!

Man, before I knew or cared about this shit, I remember hanging out in your living room and you cutting up Barry White breaks!! YEaH!

peace.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Very nice mix man, super solid selection... thanks for posting

So I have a Bebeto - Segura Nega on 7" that is completely different than that one. Sup wit dat?

Man, I would absolutely love to make a trip to South America some day. I've been obsessed with the music and culture lately and really need to experience it for real.