New Saafir.

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Yes, you read that correctly.Apparently, he's had all sorts of life-changing experiences over the past few years: surviving a plane crash, recovering from a battle with spinal cancer*, and becoming a devout Sunni Muslim.Here's some of his new stuff:http://www.jfunkmedia.com/saaf/play.htmlIf you're expecting to hear "Boxcar Sessions II," don't bother clicking. I've listened to a couple of cuts so far. Some are "eh" but some aren't bad at all. *No word on whether or not he accused spinal cancer of coming with writtens.

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts

*No word on whether or not he accused spinal cancer of coming with writtens.

funny and mean at the same time...nice, but isn't he 'all for writtens'

why is saafir rocking the PLO style headwrap though???

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Because he hates jews, Jonathan.

• funny and mean at the same time...nice, but isn't he 'all for writtens'

Guilty as charged AND I stand corrected. I remember now that he's the one who said that everything's fair in a fight.

• If you're expecting to hear "Boxcar Sessions II," don't bother clicking. I've listened to a couple of cuts so far. Some are "eh" but some aren't bad at all.

So if I'm expecting to hear more stuff like that song "Womp 2000" then should I click?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Guilty as charged AND I stand corrected. I remember now that he's the one who said that everything's fair in a fight.

"Here I come, um, with the mittens."

Yes but does Saafir now frap fresher or not? This is the question.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    There's a couple tracks on http://abbrecords.com/ with kind of a "middle-eastern" sound. I think there's a new islam influence - lame hooks- but the raps sound good. not at all complex...alright it sux

BTW - when "boxcar" came out he was one of my top 10.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

"Here I come, um, with the mittens."

Yes but does Saafir now frap fresher or not? This is the question.

He doesn't really sound fresher per se, but I'm gonna buy it anyways out of respect for the man.

(I like his story about the near plane crash incident on "One Of The Hardest.")

Herm

• *cueing Johnny P. to weigh in

• I don't know, but this sounded pretty good to me (granted, I had zero expectations). I'm buying this.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    I'm feeling the first track!

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    But the hook is lame.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

BTW - when "boxcar" came out he was one of my top 10.

I don't know if i even want to click on the links for the new tracks, it's only going to hurt inside.