Anybody ever heard of TAPCO Gear?

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
An audio company named TAPCO that makes gear. It's actually MACKIE that makes the gear. I've never heard of them, but just now the UPS guy came to my door with 3 huge boxes from them. In it are the Blend 6 Mixer, the Link USB Interface, the SW-10 Subwoofer and 2 S-8 Studio Monitors. So much shit I couldn't even fit it through my door. Seriously I'm like dude what the fuck?Anyway, have you ever heard of this brand?

Comments

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things about them. Mackie stuff is pretty solid, and Tapco is just a more affordable range of their gear. It's not Behringer affordable though, so it should be pretty good.

And the real question is - Why is someone delivering free audio gear to your door? And where do I sign up?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The Scion shit. I've been getting all sorts of free shit for months now.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ive heard they're pretty good for budget monitors. a lot of companies release cheaper shit under a different company name so people dont associate the cheaper stuff with their more expensive things

• TAPCO is like the budget version of Mackie's LOWEST end gear. Basically, I'd sell all that shit if I were you before opening the boxes and just buying a nice Mackie piece or something that's a little higher up on the scale of quality. Regardless of price, I would put that TAPCO shit right on the level with behringer, just with a more reputable name backing it.

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    TAPCO is like the budget version of Mackie's LOWEST end gear. Basically, I'd sell all that shit if I were you before opening the boxes and just buying a nice Mackie piece or something that's a little higher up on the scale of quality. Regardless of price, I would put that TAPCO shit right on the level with behringer, just with a more reputable name backing it.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    AI, donate that gear to a neighborhood YMCA or something like that, a lotta young kids might benefit from your freebies.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    AI, donate that gear to a neighborhood YMCA or something like that, a lotta young kids might benefit from your freebies.
    thats a good idea man. Churches and schools also. Let the lil kids get they audio on. That tapco prob is alot better then some crazy ass mixer, from 1982 that gives you a shock when you touch it, that the local grade schools usally have.

• donate it to a school or whatever and get them to name the music department after you!... The Cosmo Baker Academy for Audio Arts is way more than cluttering your life and home with so-so gear or whatever money you would get selling it

• wooshiewooshie 490 Posts
    That's a mighty fine idea... give that shit away.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    The Cosmo Baker Academy for Audio Arts