Mode Selector - "Distant Sounds" appreciation

MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Anyone heard this? I understand it's finnish funk phantom Didiers solo project, and it's one of the better downtempo/whatchamacallit albums I've heard in a long time (though it's certainly fair to label me disconnected from the scene). Something to hold you over until the Sound Spectrum album's reissued (that and the Express Rising album are two of my "why didn't I buy it when it came out" regrets).

Comments

• roistoroisto 879 Posts

Anyone heard this? I understand it's finnish funk phantom Didiers solo project, and it's one of the better downtempo/whatchamacallit albums I've heard in a long time (though it's certainly fair to label me disconnected from the scene). Something to hold you over until the Sound Spectrum album's reissued (that and the Express Rising album are two of my "why didn't I buy it when it came out" regrets).

Didier is getting a lot of love on Soulstrut! I don't think the LP is available in the US, so anyone who's interested should check the label's site for audio clips. They do mail order as well.

• There are still a few copies available from us (www.styge.net), and our first CD release "Styge Recordings Analogue Structures 001-003" is now also available. It includes the tracks from from our first three vinyl releases (001-Antti Szurawitzki-????nitearkisto, 002-Kaliyuga Pro-Mystic Perspectives, 003-Mode Selector-Distant Sounds). The CD can be bought from Dusty Groove in the States (http://www.dustygroove.com/), it is distributed by P-Vine in Japan or just me up [email]info@styge.net[/email] if you are interested
    Vinyl 004 (Antti Szurawitzki-My??nt??muoto) will be out in December and features some guests like Jukka Sarap???? (drummer of the Soul Investigators) and E da Boss (live DJ for Blackalicious etc.)
    Peace

Antti Szurawitzki
    Styge Recordings
    www.styge.net