anyone rocking adobe audition for the mac

Guantanamo_JonesGuantanamo_Jones 177 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
I am going to buy a g4 from my buddy for a hundred bucks next week and i was looking for audio tracking programs to purchas soon after i get the computer... i was looking at protools and alternatives but when i was checking out audition(on my laptop pc) it did not say there was any verson of the software availible for mac... that might be because the website recognized i was using windows, so i was wondering if any of you are using audition since its been renamed from cool-edit and what do you think of itthanks

Comments

• i am probably going to purchase audition this week, but i don't think there's a mac version available - i was planning on running boot camp (windows for mac) and then audition

http://www.adobe.com/products/audition/

i just got a new mac book pro for audio stuff and need something where i can work quickly on mixes, etc - i had been using cooledit on a PC for years and figure it will hold me over until i can learn logic pro and protools (reason i bought the new mac in the first place)

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I use this but it's nowhere near as fully featured as ProTools or Cool Edit. That said, it does have multi-track capabilities and decent filters.

Sound Studio 3

http://www.freeverse.com/soundstudio/

• Hey ODub,

Same here - I've been using Sound Studio ever since I purchased a Mac. Prior to that, I was using Cool Edit/Audition. I didn't need much in the way of features, since I use it to record vinyl side A/side B as AIFF files, then break them down into individual tracks, import to iTunes, convert to MP3, export to iPod and voila, more tunes to listen to at the office.

I use this but it's nowhere near as fully featured as ProTools or Cool Edit. That said, it does have multi-track capabilities and decent filters.

Sound Studio 3

• ODub,

I just perused the website and read about a few features I didn't know about:

- Saves in MP3 when the LAME framework is installed
    - Automator support (launch Automator to see the bundled actions)

Have you by chance installed the LAME framework to save files as MP3s? That'd be nice, as I wouldn't have to convert the files in iTunes.

And have you checked out Automator support? I've thought about using Automator, but it'd be hard as I can't think of a way for it to automatically split side A/side B of a record into individual tracks.

I'll have to play around a bit when I get home.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    ODub,

I just perused the website and read about a few features I didn't know about:

- Saves in MP3 when the LAME framework is installed
    - Automator support (launch Automator to see the bundled actions)

Have you by chance installed the LAME framework to save files as MP3s? That'd be nice, as I wouldn't have to convert the files in iTunes.

And have you checked out Automator support? I've thought about using Automator, but it'd be hard as I can't think of a way for it to automatically split side A/side B of a record into individual tracks.

I'll have to play around a bit when I get home.

I did install the LAME framework and it works great. (LAME is a really unfortunate choice of acronym. It's, well, lame). I haven't tried Automator support yet, however.

Keep in mind: you CAN make edits and mixes with SS3 but I've never tried to to multitrack a mix from beginning to end. I usually use it for single song editing. The multitrack features are nice...to a point...but it's not as intuitively built as a true multitracking program or machine would be.