Obama running?

124»

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121Reread this thread: It's truly embarrassing. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121b, 21damn, your not kidding. foot in the mouth type shit. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121I haven't re-read the thread, but I will fully admit that as recentlyb,121as 2 years ago I would have never believed a black man could be electedb,121president of the USA at this point in history. I'm so glad I was wrong.

• ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Our biggoted country will never be ready for a multi racial, well spoken, thoughtful and intelligent man as president.b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121/font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121the next president is going to be a mormon (not an endorsemnet but a hunch), can someone explain why everyones panties are wet over obama? i have nothing against him, just curious. other than him being black what makes him better than any other viable dem canidate, i have never heard him talk about policy, its usually about bringing people together and some god shit. someone said on one of the bullshit politcal shows this weekend that obamas life story is very inspirational, what was rough about his life? i looked into it a little bit but all i saw was that he was born in hawaii went to harvard but no real struggle stuff, what am I missing?b, 21b, 21h,121
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121It's been demonstrated repeatedly that white voters will defect from their party in order to avoid voting for a Black candidate.b, 21b, 21This is Sociology 101.b, 21b, 21I'm not at all saying that the Dems should deny Obama the nomination on this basis once he matures into a credible candidate, but I can't see a Black Democrat being elected in my lifetime.b, 21b, 21If this country ever has a Black president, he (and he will be a man) will be a Republican--someone whom the Republicans find thoroughly acceptable and who can also siphon Black voters away from the Democratic candidate. A Black Democrat will not be able to attract any analogous portion of the Republican base, and I am absolutely certain that a lot of Democratic voters would just stay home if presented with a Black presidential candidate. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121Reread this thread: It's truly embarrassing. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121i HOPE i didn't post in it...b,121as far as i know Jroot was the guy who was first tauting Obama. this was in 2003 before the soulstrut redesign or whatever happened in 2003.

• /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121Our biggoted country will never be ready for a multi racial, well spoken, thoughtful and intelligent man as president.b, 21b, 21h,121
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121the next president is going to be a mormon (not an endorsemnet but a hunch), can someone explain why everyones panties are wet over obama? i have nothing against him, just curious. other than him being black what makes him better than any other viable dem canidate, i have never heard him talk about policy, its usually about bringing people together and some god shit. someone said on one of the bullshit politcal shows this weekend that obamas life story is very inspirational, what was rough about his life? i looked into it a little bit but all i saw was that he was born in hawaii went to harvard but no real struggle stuff, what am I missing?b, 21b, 21h,121
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121It's been demonstrated repeatedly that white voters will defect from their party in order to avoid voting for a Black candidate.b, 21b, 21This is Sociology 101.b, 21b, 21I'm not at all saying that the Dems should deny Obama the nomination on this basis once he matures into a credible candidate, but I can't see a Black Democrat being elected in my lifetime.b, 21b, 21If this country ever has a Black president, he (and he will be a man) will be a Republican--someone whom the Republicans find thoroughly acceptable and who can also siphon Black voters away from the Democratic candidate. A Black Democrat will not be able to attract any analogous portion of the Republican base, and I am absolutely certain that a lot of Democratic voters would just stay home if presented with a Black presidential candidate. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1 b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121ouch!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Just to be clear, despite my name on top of the post, NONE of thoseb,121quotes in O-dub's post were from me. I don't even know if I posted in thisb,121thread BITD. I'm just amazed and honestly so proud to be an Americanb,121tonight, we've come a very long way, and there's still a ways to go -b,121but tonight is about celebrating an amazing moment in American history.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yeah, those are from different people in the thread. I saved them the embarassment from putting their name on there.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I actually came out pretty well, if overly cautious. I was hoping for Obama for VP in 2008 or President in 2012. About as good as could have been expected at that time, realistically.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121The Dems should forget about the Executive branch at this point and go ahead and hand that shit to McCain. Focus on taking over the House (done) and the Senate (in progress) because the country works better when there are real checks and balances. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121^^^^LOL IDIOT

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Deej was on point and called it!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth the other night before bed. I came back into the bedroom where my girlfriend was reading the current Time magazine with Obama on the cover, only she was reading it in a way that it was hiding her face from the door when I walked in. Kind of a bugout to walk into a bedroom and find Obama smiling at you from the spot your lady was laying a minute ago. It was kind of comforting though, like he and I were just going to chat or something. I sleep in a california king, so there would have been plenty of room for the two of us with no uncomfortable assidents. Then she dropped the magazine when she heard me chuckle, and the dream ended.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Just goes to show how much things can change in 2 years.

I don't know why my insightful and spot on posts were scrubbed from this thread. :grin

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    SS sonned as a whole.

• oh man. best bump ever.

• THIS THREAD IS ONE OF THE BEST I HAVE EVER READ IN MY THIRTEEN YEARS AS A SOULSTRUT PATRON

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    This thread was in desperate need of some Rock-A-Logic.

• SS sonned as a whole.

I just wish I started this thread with something more eloquent than

I'd punch a ballot for that ass.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i'm not reading the previous entries to this thread, but i can say that as early as a year ago, there is no way i could realistically see the result being what it was today/yesterday. and i have never before been more PROUD to be WRONG! this is so great for the psyche of humans of every condition. point blank.

• Seriously. Not only that, but he got Florida. FLORIDA. When that was called last night, I could not believe it. Yes he can!

• i'm not reading the previous entries to this thread, but i can say that as early as a year ago, there is no way i could realistically see the result being what it was today/yesterday. and i have never before been more PROUD to be WRONG! this is so great for the psyche of humans of every condition. point blank.

I knew during his famous speech four years ago he'd become president.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I can't see a Black Democrat being elected in my lifetime.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    prophet

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121i saw Kerry a few weekends ago on one of the Sunday talk shows and was blown away by how his demeanor has changed. we'll see.b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121kvh is a gold mine for political musings - he really should be a talking head on cable

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121/font1Quote:/font1h,121b,121Friedman and Brooks are both on Meet The Press right now claiming Obama is the guy for 2008. b, 21b, 21h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121On CBS Sunday Morning, there was a very un-funny "humorist" named Mo Rocca who spent 5 minutes riffing on what a goofy name Obama is. It was some really rascist shit and seemed politically charged. And the guy casting the first stone calls himself Mo Rocca. b, 21b, 21h,121font class="post"1b,121b,121lol so perfect that this thread ends with a dude who repeats a joke without realizing hes delivering the punchline