ID THIS WEST COAST BEAT?

ayresayres 1,452 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.djayres.com/MP3/WMDOct06/20%20Black%20Superman%20Ft.%20Mel%20Matrix%20Sta.mp3The only other place I've heard this was that Notorious BIG freestyle over all the Death Row beats. I'm sure it's not that deep but I ain't a west coast dude! Knowledge me.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I'm in the library right now so I can't listen to it, but I see it says "Black Superman." That's the name of an Above The Law song.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    I'm in the library right now so I can't listen to it, but I see it says "Black Superman." That's the name of an Above The Law song.

Thanks. In the library? You some kind of nerd reading books?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Thanks. In the library? You some kind of nerd reading books?

I'm at the law library in Newark.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

If you get 5 minutes, please please please:

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    What up Ayers. Black Superman is that joint. From the semi rare Above The Law "Uncle Sam's Curse" LP. For some reason the vinyl and CD are pretty hard to find. Also has the joint "Kalifornia."

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    daaaaamn

thats my shit right there. thanks for uppin that. wonder if youtube got any low pro videos.

hmmmmmm

daaaaamn

thats my shit right there. thanks for uppin that. wonder if youtube got any low pro videos.

hmmmmmm

Low Profile? Yes sir! The Low Profile album was CLASSIC!!!

Funk Song

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    big chan is now on my christmas list

you will be recieving a vintage silver on black los angeles kings starter cap and a bottle of soul-glow

you will be recieving a vintage silver on black los angeles kings starter cap and a bottle of soul-glow

Plaese to also include a pair of locs and a black Ben Davis or Dickies shirt with "Big Chan" stiched on the front.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    hey, I have no idea how to up youtube videos on a post so I am going to make a request that you do this one chan. search for wc & the maad circle's "the one" and post for all to see.

I love that song.

hey, I have no idea how to up youtube videos on a post so I am going to make a request that you do this one chan. search for wc & the maad circle's "the one" and post for all to see.

I love that song.

Son, posting youtube videos is so easy monkeys can do it! Just find the video and cut and paste the "Embed" code to the right of the video in the post.

wc & the maad circle's "the one"

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    supersnap!

that was the correct usage of son too.

ahhhhhhhhhh "the one"

love it when WC calls out the horns heading into the chorus

All folls plaese to get deep and post some SERIOUS West Coast videos!

Mac Dre "California Livin"

• WC and the MAAD Circle (OG version)

"Ghetto Serenade"

RBL Posse "Bammer Weed" JYEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• The B.U.M.s - Elevation

Mac Mall "Sic Wit Tis"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• N2Deep - Back To The Hotel

• Casual - Me-O-Mi-O

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    remember this one? mad cj mac "Come & Take A RIde" feat. Poppa LQ

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
    B.G. Knoccout & Gangsta Dresta- DPG Killa

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

wc & the maad circle's "the one"

Thank you Chan.

I had never seen that video. I love WC. His dance is tight. The Low Profile album (thanks Prof. Rockwell!) is a favorite. I am a fan of his later work as well, including this, my favorite nasty song: Worldwide Gunnin'

Sing along loud in your cubicle:

Shady as fuck I'll stick that ass for the scrilla
    Stab you in the neck with a rusty pair of scissors
    Tie your hands to your ankles, watch you sweat and quiver
    Fuck you in the ass with a coat hanger, n*gga
    With no compassion for you groupies at all
    I'll bite yo' nipples off and throw you in a tub of rubbin alcohol
    "Fuck all ya'll," My motto for 98, I'm lettin' fools have it
    Makin' the finest bitches toss my salad
    Soggy nuts is all I'm givin'
    All hail the Shadiest One, that n*gga Dub has arriven!

Now is as good a time as any I suppose to ask if the WC & the Maad Circle Curb Servin' LP ever came out dirty versioned? I've found it several times, noted "clean" and not so noted, both without any cuss words. WTF?

Although all the singles I have are dirty.

WEST COAST TIL THE CASKET DROPS!

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    damn yall turned my shitty thread into a good one.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    post some vids urrrrs. you got any baltimore vids in the stash or what?

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    The B.U.M.s - Elevation

Yo Rockell- these are my joints! I have to admit, around 93/94 I was feelin this post-pharcyde/hiero stuff a lot more than Wu/Mobb/Jeru/Nine.etc that was bumpin in NY. This is a definite sound and era -It was like the non-N.W.A. afiliated L.A. sound....I fucks with it!

• Yo Rockell- these are my joints! I have to admit, around 93/94 I was feelin this post-pharcyde/hiero stuff a lot more than Wu/Mobb/Jeru/Nine.etc that was bumpin in NY. This is a definite sound and era -It was like the non-N.W.A. afiliated L.A. sound....I fucks with it!

Hells yeah, these were all my shite. I was trying to find Comewiddit by Ahmad, Ras Kass and Saafir but no luck. And I'm with you on digging these cats more than the east coast cats. By like 97 I was sooooo sick of Wu-tang, and I just loved all this pre-Project Blowed overkill stuff. I had the Nonce on my college radio show, and they just tore up the freestyles. Too bad that dude I lent the tape of the show to got thrown in jail a week later.

doh.

Volume 10 - Sunbeams