eBay removes auctions cuz of Dead Presidents

yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
can't say you accept cash and they apparently know slanguage.

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I was a victim of this. I listed Paypal, Western Union, Moneygram and Cash as payments options. I received 3 different messages, one for every not approved payment option.They removed only the record that has bidders at that moment

I removed those options and instead I uploaded the logos of WU and Moneygram

• are you serious? that is probably the biggest bullshit ever...if that's the case...Ebay just got even wacker...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I'm totally serious. Here:

Unfortunately, eBay removed your listing because it violated the eBay Accepted Payments policy. The violation occurred when you included the following information in your listing:

Western Union

The eBay Accepted Payments policy promotes safe online shopping by encouraging the use of reliable and easy to use online payment methods that offer members high levels of protection.

Sellers aren't allowed to ask buyers to send payments through instant cash transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. These payment methods don't meet eBay's standards for safety, convenience, and reliability.

Because we would be unable to verify that the payment was received by the appropriate person, eBay's Standard Purchase Protection Program does not cover items paid for with instant cash transfer services.

For more information on the eBay Accepted Payments policy, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html

Please note: violation of this or other eBay policies may result in forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings, limits on account privileges and account suspension.

To learn more about why eBay may remove auction-style listings, please visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/tp/listing-ended.html

To learn how you may ensure a successful listing in the future, visit:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/policies.html

To review the eBay User Agreement, please go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/user-agreement.html

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

eBay Trust & Safety

in other words, use just Paypal or die.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i got vick-ed and mercked by egay listing cash and western union in my auctions
    fucked up because i have received plenty of cash from overseas and donmestic with NEVER any problems
    same for western union
    i heard that a nigerian scam ended that one
    postal money orders are almost the same as cash
    but shit is draconian
    folks need an alternative to paypal the grip with ebay is too super glue for my head

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I got auctions yanked on this too, but here's the thing. It should be ok to say you accept cash, as long as you don't mention in an envelope/in the mail/registered, etc. Paying cash for stuff in person is acceptable, and they don't know you mean otherwise.
    Peace
    T.N.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    p fucking s
    i am waiting the day that we have to start worrying bout the IRS on ebay and seeing agents of thr treasury and irs running up on folks at flea markets and shit

• wow....ebay is getting out of fucking control...I mean...I literally...hate paypal...I've had such bad experiences with them...know tons of people who have as well....and it seems like they are trying to make it all go that way....wtf? that's bullshit...

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    Western Union and Money Gram are the money transfer system of choice for scammers and thiefs. Like-it-or-not it's for the greater good that Ebay ban these types of payment options. My dumbass cousin almost got taken for $1200 by a Western Union scam but the clerk at the Western Union asked him why he was sending so much money to the UK. Clerk was straight with him and said it sounded like a scam.

• i got vick-ed and mercked by egay listing cash and western union in my auctions
    fucked up because i have received plenty of cash from overseas and donmestic with NEVER any problems
    same for western union
    but shit is draconian
    folks need an alternative to paypal the grip with ebay is too super glue for my head

so, you can still get postal money orders?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

save this image in photobucket. rename gif to dog.gif

link to your auctions. As MC Hammer would say, can't touch this.

• save this image in photobucket. rename gif to dog.gif

link to your auctions. As MC Hammer would say, can't touch this.

genius!

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i got vick-ed and mercked by egay listing cash and western union in my auctions
    same for western union
    but shit is draconian

so, you can still get postal money orders?

yes you can
    sorry to confuse

• i am waiting the day that we have to start worrying bout the IRS on ebay

Won't be too much longer.

• i am waiting the day that we have to start worrying bout the IRS on ebay

Won't be too much longer.

i have heard unconfirmed rumours that ebay has done a deal with the taxman regarding it's stores, sold all the sellers details in a database?

and in the uk they got themselves a robot

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/tax-advice/income-tax/article.html?in_article_id=409383&in_page_id=77