Grew Up A Screw Up Vs. Relax Take Notes

djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
I love that I have a place to go with all my weird rap questions that bug me all day. Thank you Soulstrut.Anyways, what's up with these two songs, basically the same beat and each with a screwed up B.I.G. chorus. Are they related? Or is this some weird coincidence?Anyways, I am feelig them, particularly the 8Ball/MJG joint.

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    RELAX AND TAKE NOTES
    PROJECT PAT'S VERSE IS ESPECIALLY FIERCE EVEN THOUGH YOU CAN TELL HE'S HOLDING BACK
    EIGHTBALL AND MJG'S ALBUM NEEDS TO COME OUT THIS YEAR FOR MY CYPHER TO BE COMPLETE

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    RELAX AND TAKE NOTES
    PROJECT PAT'S VERSE IS ESPECIALLY FIERCE EVEN THOUGH YOU CAN TELL HE'S HOLDING BACK
    EIGHTBALL AND MJG'S ALBUM NEEDS TO COME OUT THIS YEAR FOR MY CYPHER TO BE COMPLETE

Nah, that record will sink without a trace with this fourth quarter release schedule.

Better that they wait til after the new year and hopefully one of their tracks catches on with radio.

Certain people--like that carpetbaggeur noz--have gone on record saying that the mass appeal portion of their career is over, but I seem to recall them being featured on probably the biggest single they've ever appeared on just last year.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    ball & mjg were supposed to come out this month with the album, suddenly it was pushed back to 1/2007 or later. don't know why.
    i love both songs mentioned above and turn up the bump, the 8 ball & mjg b side, even more so.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yeah, waiting would probably be a good idea. i'm still convinced ridin' high can blow up if it actually gets push. EVERYTHING i've heard so far from the album has been exceptional (besides "for an outfit") and it's just sad that it keeps on getting pushed back when they're clearly still heads and shoulders above everyone in the rap game.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    oh and in relation to the original question at hand, after that biggie duets abomination of an album, there have been a lot more biggie samples in tracks so im assuming it's been easier to get unreleased acapellas. i'm not sure who produced either track though

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I think Cipha Sounds mentioned his Big Dawg Pitbull homie Nasty (sp?) produced the Luda/Jeezy track

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Could someone post 'Relax'??

• DJ Nasty in miami did them both

http://www.myspace.com/nastybeatmakers

beatwise they're pretty generic to me. i agree that 8ball and MJG's "turn up the bump" is good as shit though, i think bangladesh did that one.

8ball has an indie LP (on his "8Ways" label) that's supposed to come out on halloween. his indie album last year ("the s.l.a.b.") was real decent, there was a good song with MJG and lil keke on it, an e-40 track, and some other highlights.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    can we all agree that bangladesh was a great thing on their last album
    i was thinking the other day while listening to a bangladesh track on how crazy trae would sound over one
    dude is supposed to be doing more work with turf talk and some new stuff for e-40, right?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    i was thinking the other day while listening to a bangladesh track on how crazy trae would sound over one
    dude is supposed to be doing more work with turf talk and some new stuff for e-40, right?

Bangladesh = Shondrae, right?

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    surprise...
    turn up the bump is actually by nate "danja" hills, timbaland's co-producer on the justin timberlake album.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

Bangladesh = Shondrae, right?
    yeah