~~ Midweek Finds ~~

2»

Comments

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I WILL NEVER FAKE FINDS. THAT IS MY PROMISE TO YOU. THAT IS MY PROMISE TO THE PEOPLE. WALK WITH ME INTO A BETTER DAY, A DAY IN WHICH THERE ARE NO FAIRY TALES OF SHOPPING CARTS FILLED WITH PSYCH... A DAY IN WHICH SELLERS ARE FAIRLY COMPENSATED. A DAY IN WHICH PRICES RANGE FROM $4-10, NOT $0.165-$1. THERE IS NO WAY FORWARD BUT TO WALK TOGETHER. WALK WITH ME.

I would like to personally vouch for JPay's integrity and patroitism.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    I WILL NEVER FAKE FINDS. THAT IS MY PROMISE TO YOU. THAT IS MY PROMISE TO THE PEOPLE. WALK WITH ME INTO A BETTER DAY, A DAY IN WHICH THERE ARE NO FAIRY TALES OF SHOPPING CARTS FILLED WITH PSYCH... A DAY IN WHICH SELLERS ARE FAIRLY COMPENSATED. A DAY IN WHICH PRICES RANGE FROM $4-10, NOT $0.165-$1. THERE IS NO WAY FORWARD BUT TO WALK TOGETHER. WALK WITH ME.

oh man, this shit is too funny!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    did well today at a house buy. a few 45s that stood out:

Veda - You Can Love Again/Get Up to Get Down (M/W)
    Diplomats - Unchained Melody/Cards on the Table (Arock)
    Timothy Wilson - I Must Love You/Hiding in Your Heart (Sky Disc)
    Blue Velvet - Spring for You and Me/Inst (Que Ti)
    Chaz - I Want to Talk to You/Little Sheba (Zanzibar)

• Chaz - I Want to Talk to You/Little Sheba (Zanzibar)

I love this! Didn't know it was on 7".

• So Dave Chapelle is the front man for The Diamonds?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    they talk about being on the pill and having casual sex with different partners

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

I will happily pay $4-10 (inclussive) for that damn Sam and the Mirracle Men LP

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

I'm all about the Levy, and that Toby Ben has a couple songs I liked quite a bit. One was "Sari" and I believe the other was a name-titled song on the flip.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

So Dave Chapelle is the front man for The Diamonds?

Holy shit that really does look like Chapelle's Crackhead character huh?

• End of week finds here in OZ. I had an ad in the local paper for over a year and hadn't been getting many calls recently but picked up a few good records today and yesterday .($2-3 each)

Beatles- Magical mystery tour WRC lp(OZ only sleeve $100 record)
    Dark side of the moon-MFSL half speed mastered Audiophile

Blackfeather -Madness Lp Rare OZ psych  
    Rotary connection St lp on Checker records UK
    James Brown- Reality lp

Plus heaps of Sonoton Library lps
    Drum Punch lp- Sammy Burdson (drum breaks only lp)
    Industrial themes vol 1+ 2-j fiddy
    Pollution-Walt Rockman
    Space Fiction-Sammy Durdson
    Amazing Space Vol 1 - Mladen franko
    Under water Vol1 + 2-Walt Rockman
    Unusual Sounds Vol 1
    Softly
    Biology-Walt Rockman
    A Musical Wildlife vol 5 Africa and vol6 The landscape

Plus BBC sound effects Vol4
    and Audio Fidelity-Sound effects volume 2,3,8
    (an amazing assortment of real world sounds Machine guns ,babys ,rockets taking off,mosquitoes,sputnik 1,
    Clocks,police cars etc

• Blackfeather -Madness Lp Rare OZ psych

I bought that record for $40 at Mojo Records in Sydney two weeks ago. Great LP except mine had a nasty two song scratch on it which I didn't discover til I was across the Pacific.
    I did manage to sell it (at a considerable loss) to a regular beat maker here in the shop who didn't care about the scratches because the beats were intact.

• It is almost impossible to find this record in mint condition and I found a nother copy last year that again like this had been played to death. they are not the type of records that got looked after .People dropped acid to them rolled joints on their covers etc.

• Got some nice titles recently...

Thrift/Antique Store finds:

Port Authority - S/T
    Jimmy Castor Bunch - It's Just Begun
    Demon Fuzz - Afreaka

In Ogden, UT none the less. I didnt pay more than $2 for any of them.