Rapperz are in Danger

CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Why the fuck do they keep shooting themselves?Saprano effect?There is so much comedy in this article.October 17, 2006Rapper Known as Fabolous Is Shot in Leg By JOHN HOLUSHAThe rapper known as Fabolous was shot in the leg early today as he stood with companions outside Justine???s restaurant on West 21st Street in Manhattan, according to a police report.The 28-year-old rapper, whose legal name is John Jackson, was listed in stable condition at Bellevue Hospital.He apparently was shot by a sole assailant while standing on the sidewalk with three other men. Police were calledto the scene at 12:23 a.m. with a report of gunfire. Officers responding to the call saw a white Dodge Magnum run a red light at 22nd Street and Third Avenue. Pulling the car over, they found Mr. Jackson and his three companions, aged 18, 23 and 29, inside, along with two loaded handguns ??? one 9 millimeter and the other .40 caliber. All four men were arrested. They remain in police custody this morning, with charges pending related to weapons possession. Police said they had no information about the shooter.Mr. Jackson, a native of Brooklyn, became famous in late 2001 with his debut single, ???I Can???t Deny It.??? According to the MTV website, his rapping combines the East Coast ???bling bling??? and West Coast ???gangsta??? styles.In New York, he was considered a successor to Christopher Wallace, known as Notorious B.I.G., who was shot to death in 1997.Emily Vasquez contributed reporting.

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    http://toolbar.google.com/T4/index_xp.html?promo=mor-tb-en

??? Check your spelling in webmail messages

• http://toolbar.google.com/T4/index_xp.html?promo=mor-tb-en

??? Check your spelling in webmail messages

I'm not really that worried about it.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    ok. just a tip from the worst speller on the planet. i need them to invent a grammar check next.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    The following quote is real cornball...

According to the MTV website, his rapping combines the East Coast ???bling bling??? and West Coast ???gangsta??? styles[/b] .

• The following quote is real cornball...

According to the MTV website, his rapping combines the East Coast ???bling bling??? and West Coast ???gangsta??? styles[/b] .

what? that was my favorite part!

I didn't say that it wasn't funny.

• The following quote is real cornball...

what? that was my favorite part!

This is also my favorite part, mostly because it involves using MTV.com as a source.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    In New York, he was considered a successor to Christopher Wallace, known as Notorious B.I.G., who was shot to death in 1997.

If this is true, then New York should just kill itself.

• I didn't say that it wasn't funny.

funny how?

I didn't say that it wasn't funny.
    funny how?

haha funny.
    east coast bling bling and west coast gangsta styles should bring a smile to anyone's face.

• Update:

http://www.sohh.com/articles/article.php/10050#

Apparently, Fab got shot cuz one of his boys snatched Sebastian Telfair's chain off his neck:

Members of Fabolous' entourage were caught on a security camera snatching a $50, 000 diamond chain off Boston Celtics player Sebastian Telfair's neck, according to sources.

Word is the same footage shows the triggerman who shot Fab, roughly 20 minutes later, leaving the scene in a getaway vehicle. According to The New York Daily News, the source reported that the tape pictures' Fab's boys approaching Telfair outside Sean "Diddy" Combs' Justin's Restaurant in Manhattan, NY this past Tuesday (October 17). The tape shows one of Fab's friends rip the chain off Telfair's neck while an accomplice, sporting a Brooklyn T-shirt, keeps an eye on the perimeter. The culprits then reportedly went into Justin's, sources said.

Sources said Telfair then walked into the restaurant only to see the thieves laughing with members of Fab's Street Family Entertainment. Word is Telfair then made a call on his cell phone.

A security camera outside Justin's caught the gunman who shot Fab escaping in a gray car from a nearby parking lot 23 minutes after Telfair's chain was snatched. Sources say the Brooklyn rapper wasn't believed to be the gunman's target.

"The [security] tape completely supports everything my client said happened that night," Hayes told the New York Daily News. "He's a lovely young man. It was outrageous what these punks did, and he will press charges."

Ed Hayes, Telfair's lawyer, claims the point guard only called a family member and has shared all the cell phone numbers he used with police the night of the incident.

Cops were looking to bring in Telfair for questioning last night, according to one source. Fab was wounded in the leg during the shooting. He and three friends were arraigned on two counts of illegal gun possession Wednesday (October 18) in Manhattan Criminal Court, for weapons police discovered after the 28-year-old rapper was shot.

Last Tuesday (October 17), Telfair stopped at the 13th precinct to look at lineups of suspects that included three members of Fab's crew and the rapper himself. Telfair couldn't pick his assailants out of the lineups. At the time cops were trying to establish a connection between Fab's shooting and Telfair having his chain stolen. Telfair is set to return to the precinct to look at images taken off the security camera later this week, sources said.

Speaking of Telfair, anybody seen that documentary on him "Through the Fire"? The kid's high school career was unbelievable. Plays for the Celtics now.