Some Green Appreciation

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Seriously. Dudes never let you down.

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

I have this man to thank for the 6 years and going strong relationship I'm currently in. The first time I invited my girl round I played her Still In Love With You and that was that. Thank You Al.

This right here is my shit as well though:

Musn't forget Peter Green as well

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Ha, thats what I was listening to when I did this topic.

And ur right on Al. I sometimes wonder how many people owe a small part of their relationships to Mr. Al Green.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Ha, thats what I was listening to when I did this topic.

And ur right on Al. I sometimes wonder how many people owe a small part of their relationships to Mr. Al Green.

Yeah it's amazing the effect his music still has till this day on so many people. A couple of days after the initial Al session she went out and bought one of his Greatest Hits. She still swoons over his records this many years later and most of her friends now have at least one of his albums in their homes.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts

The first time I invited my girl round I played her Still In Love With You and that was that. Thank You Al.

My son was born to this song !

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Not to mention all of the babies that were made to his music!

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    And let us not forget the green trees that so well compliment said records by Greens.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

We need you Trent! Is this the NFL post???
    woops, my bad.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Victor Green (Sr & Jr RIP) : thanks for starting the big vick hammond label here in the bay area and releasing deloris ealys "jerome..." 45. nice records!

Garland Green : thanks for making some killer northern soul tracks.

Byrdie Green : holding it down for the End label. i love your 45s!

Green Buds : what more can i say? i love you...

• Mean Joe Green!!!

• Garland Green : thanks for making some killer northern soul tracks.

true...this one is a really great album.

And I've not had the chance to listen properly to this one yet.

• a dude I know said he saw the Rev. Al Green at the Krispy Kreme Friday and that he has put on some weight(he had a big ol belly)...The Rev. loves his Krispy Kremes!

+