The Wize Guys ? (hip hop album related)

bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
I vaguely remember a hip hop album from the late 80???s/early 90???s by an American crew called ???The Wise Guys???. I don???t remember the album too well and was going to try downloading it and then if good I???d get the vinyl.But every time I do a search for ???wise guys??? I only get results relating to the UK ???Big Beat??? band of the same name.I think I???m spelling ???wise guys??? wrong, can anyone help me out with the correct (with I guess is really an incorrect spelling) and is the LP and good?

Comments

• w.i.s.e guyz

I never picked up the album back in the day. I remember they had a video but don't remember what it sounds like..

http://www.sloppywhite.com/fattape/06.html

• Thanks man.

• Sent you a PM mate.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    The only recollection I have of The W.I.S.E. Guys is a track called "If My Pillow Could Talk". Got it somewhere on tape. The beat was based on "Love Your Life" by AWB as far as I remember.

• It's a typical hip hop LP from 1989. Some OK tracks (nice samples etc), some very average and one stand out track that Sloppy White used.

• There are some songs on that album that I like alot. Particulary from a lyrical and stylistic stand point. The album title track is the main one for me. Also "Big Ill The Mack" is a nice cut. I always loved the line "You beat me, I doubt it so don't even think about it cause the mind is a terrible thing to waste". Then there's a few others that are good too. The production is handled by the L.A. Posse. Big Ill later appears on the LA Posse album, alongside Breeze and Lady Of Rage. Later Big Ill is part of Ill and Al Skratch and the other mc from W.I.Z.E Guyz, Stretch is one of the MCs from the Ten Theives...when not dancing with his crew The Mop Tops. That's all I got. Oh well, except Ill also one Unsigned Hype in the Source once and it was noted that he got a lil buzz from some freestyle he did at some part for Big Daddy Kane where he took a few "shots at him"... I've always wanted to hear that.

• yeah, Ef You En Kay E is the standout cut on there. It's a pretty dope song actually. The rest of the album isn't quite some of the songs are pretty the album as a whole is but the title cut is pretty

props to sloppy

• props to sloppy

thanks controller7... i still bump "Bumps" and "Left Handed Straw".
    keep them beats comin!

this album used to be sooo easy to get. i wouldn't hesitate if you can find it for cheap. there's at least a few really solid tracks.

what's up nikoless, been diggin your radio show, homey!

• props to sloppy

Yep all of those Mixes have put me onto records that I had missed and have since picked up...

yeah, Ef You En Kay E is the standout cut on there.

This is also the B-side of a 12" as well...

• props to sloppy

thanks controller7... i still bump "Bumps" and "Left Handed Straw".
    keep them beats comin!

Thanks. I never would have known that you had any idea who I was. Mutual proppers. Good work on all those mixes and for the layout of your site. It's a nice companion to the mixes.