Favorite Turntable Cases

DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Ive been rocking these home made cases for about 5 years now so im looking for something new. Basiclly need to go from house to local gigs pretty regularly. I kept the origional boxes and foam so if i need to ship them anytime soon i can use that. What yall using? I was thinking of getting these odessey's http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=dj/product/images/page=1/base_pid=804585

Comments

• DJRELAXDJRELAX 452 Posts

• I'm thinking of getting some "road ready" ones. They look pretty good quality. I'm getting the LP100 case first and see how that shapes up.

http://www.roadreadycases.com/

• the road ready cases are far from it as they don't come with all the necessary foam to protect your tables on the stock versions. Cop the ones that turntable lab - they come without having to reenforce anything.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I have this Road Ready coffin and it's great.

The only drawback is that it is heavy. But I can carry it by myself. The wheels are great. It turns into a dolly and is easy to get across flat surfaces.

The obvious benefit is that everything stays hooked up. I basically hook into my amp or the house system and it's done. I love that.

Last year I had a Halloween gig and there where no tables. However, with the coffin I was able to put it between two bar stools with back rests and strap them together. Point is, the coffin allows you to set up in some pretty precarious places.

I'd really like to get this one now that I got dildo:

but I should really just get a stand to add to my current coffin.

Recommendations?

• does it have foam protecting the tone arm??? the one my girl copped for me (and I returned) was a single deck coffin with zero protection.....

Mine does. But it is almost four years old--so I can't speak for what you'd get today. I've also modified it some to tighten things up.

This is obvious, so sorry, but I just wanted to say it: always take off the tone arm wights before moving. I think that makes a big difference in terms of wear and tear.

• yeah - I'm with you, but the actual tone arm needs some insulation as well - no???

yeah - I'm with you, but the actual tone arm needs some insulation as well - no???

i don't think so. as long as it's clipped down--which you can also reinforce with a twist tie. and the weight is off.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    I've got the pro-cases... verdict on those:

I've never heard anyone complain about the road ready products.

• I've got Anvil cases that I've had now for about 12 years and they are the shit. ATA certified, taken them on the plane, been dropped a bunch of times, and my tables came out without a scratch.

Anvil or Roadready are the main joints to consider. I know road ready has some new suitcase models that stack on each other dollystyle:

• nice one gents. I should be able to get a good deal on some road ready's too....

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Is Road Ready a good brand? I've always thought of Anvil being the industry standard, and maybe Calzone as well.

I'm interested to know because I need some new cases for everything.