Deal of the Millennium!!!

jazzman21jazzman21 287 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
...or maybe not.Hey, Have I got a story to tell ya???ll. First let me start of by telling you guys that I have been trying to collect all of Nathan Davis??? lps for years with little to no success mainly because of the price his lps usually go for (I???m sorry I just refuse to pay more than $100 for a lp. Mike Kirkland, Quintessence & Billy Wooten are probably my only exceptions). All I have of his, is the cd ???Two Originals??? which consists of the albums Happy Girl and Hip Walk and the Martin Luther King lp. Ok on with the story, last Tuesday I was on Ebay like I do almost everyday and I did a search for ???Nathan Davis??? which I do occasionally just to see if I might be able luck up on one of his albums at a decent price, in the list was Makatuka, Suite for Dr. Martin Luther King, If and some other stuff. Anyway, at the top of the list with about a day and some hours left was Nathan Davis??? Faces of Love (a album I didn???t even know about until a few years ago. He recorded it back in???82 on his own private tomorrow label. Probably his rarest album, i???ve only seen this lp on ebay over the years a handful of times if that) and a lp by a guy named Billy Price who I had never heard of, but after doing some research found out that he???s a local Pittsburgh blues singer. Both of them together, the auction had a starting price of $17.99 and there were no bids on it, I was getting kinda excited as I knew the end of this auction was near, but knowing what Nathan Davis??? lps usually go for ($100-$500), I knew that if I waited till the auction ended some of those baller $$$ bidders would just outbid me (ya???ll know who I???m talkin??? bout). So something just clicked in my head and said maybe I can work a deal with the seller. So basically I did just that, I emailed the seller (who happened to be from Pittsburgh) and told her that I would give her $20 straight up for the 2 albums including shipping if she would be willing to end the auction early. I got a email from her about 30-40 min. later saying yes to just bid on it and she would end it. So that???s what we did, $20.00 for a OG N.D. lp UNBELIEVABLE!!! I then emailed her again telling her that I really appreciated it and she said likewise. Fast forward to today, I hear a knock on the door and low and behold it???s the mail-lady with a package for me. I ripped it open and there were the albums, I am soo excited. I???ve never heard either one, can???t wait to hear the Nathan Davis. Somebody give me my props. Anybody got any similar stories or great deals??? Please post! Nathan Davis and Billy Price Oh, and the Nathan Davis lp is autographed!More info of the lp is at www.nathandavisjazz.com

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    some people here will prob get mad at you for not being honest w. her and telling her the true value of the records.

me, i say good for you.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    probably the last nathan davis lp you need to own, and billy price is a huge turd and about as common as herb albert in pittsburgh

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    BREAKING NEWS!!!

NOT THE DEAL OF THE MILLENNIUM, SAYS