MAKING OF SHOW EM WHAT YOU GOT (JBR)

djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    "fuckin forum kids. dont know what theyre talkin about"

• haha!!!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Was this the song that someone claimed to be the most recent litmus test on whether or not someone likes rap?

I ask, because I've since heard it and I would have to honestly call it

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    heard this beat originally did belong to this group, 'kids in the hall'.

anyone know the story about this or have an older version?

• That beat is great and that video is hilarious.

"Finally accepted my friend request.. damn, Darth."
    "Yeah, I put down the Pac-Man."

Sidestory: Driving tonight, a local DJ played the track for the first time on the local blazing HH&R&B station. He prefaced it by saying "Really listen to it. Absorb it. Hear what Jay is saying." He obviously wanted to hype the track but had some doubts, and had people call in after it was over. Some responses:

"I've been a Jay-Z fan since I was 14 but this song is terrible. It's a hot mess."

"I don't like it at all. It's too busy."

"The rhymes aren't even any good."

"This song is unacceptable. Unacceptable."

Personally I think it's a hot track but I'd like to see what these very same people are saying in a month or two once Clearchannel has it shoved down their throats. Probably something like

"Jay's back on top!"

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Was this the song that someone claimed to be the most recent litmus test on whether or not someone likes rap?

I ask, because I've since heard it and I would have to honestly call it

Nah, that was the Rick James chop/MySpace beat Zvi was talking about - and he was right.

• ha..i'm diggin' the lightsaber fatality.

• Some responses:

"I've been a Jay-Z fan since I was 14 but this song is terrible. It's a hot mess."

"I don't like it at all. It's too busy.[/b]"

"The rhymes aren't even any good."

"This song is unacceptable. Unacceptable."

Personally I think it's a hot track but I'd like to see what these very same people are saying in a month or two once Clearchannel has it shoved down their throats. Probably something like

"Jay's back on top!"

No doubt people will be all over this in a few weeks...

But some of those drum fills are just a fucking mess. I really like the song until it gets to the fills... then it's

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,632 Posts
    This sounds like backpack rap. It's neither bad nor mind blowing but simply gets the pass because it's a Just Blaze and Hay-Z collaboration.