-

CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
edited November 2017 in Strut Central
-

Comments

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I own two Acomdata drives which are something like 160GB's. I've been using them for about four months now without any problems. I run them non-stop allday.

• HamHam 872 Posts
    you dont have to switch, just open itunes when it's time to fill it with music.

• i have a couple of Maxtor external harddrives. One of them broke after using it one time. They immediately sent me a new one. From talking to "tech people", i think that there is not much difference between all the major brands. They all have the potential to break or malfunction. Strangely, the smaller 80 gig maxtor harddrive i use to dj with every weekend has not given me a single problem in a year and a half.

• Agent45Agent45 451 Posts
    i have a couple of Maxtor external harddrives. One of them broke after using it one time. They immediately sent me a new one. From talking to "tech people", i think that there is not much difference between all the major brands. They all have the potential to break or malfunction. Strangely, the smaller 80 gig maxtor harddrive i use to dj with every weekend has not given me a single problem in a year and a half.

Make damn sure that whatever you buy isn't made by Hitachi/IBM. Other than that, you should be gold with whatever you buy. Oh - and if you get a drive with a USB connector, make sure you have USB 2.0 already. You'll be happier.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    my My Book 500gb drive is great. it's quiet and quick.
    i also have a Seadisc which i like as well!!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Dude.. Lets talk...

Go by Canada Computers on College!

I have like 4 externals.

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• I have a 160GB LaCie USB 2.0 ext that's working well.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Personally I've been feeling external hard drive enclosures. I can copp a 500 gig drive for $200 from time to time. Throw one of those in an external case, and it's more reliable then an actual External Hard drive, Plus when they come out with a Tera drive, I can use the same external case, and flip the internal drive on the bay. Just make sure you deal with one that can cool your drive down.

- spidey

• I have a 160GB LaCie USB 2.0 ext that's working well.

I have a new one of these i'm looking to get rid of (instable xp install related). Holler.