Rare Jordan Footage (NRR)

BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Some dude named 'hoopsencyclopedia' has been uploading a bunch of rare Jordan footage onto youtube over the last 2 months, and a lot of it is COMPLETELY face-melting. I was too young in the mid-to-late '80's to have seen a lot of this stuff (and I imagine a large portion of it was only broadcast locally in Chicago), so I've been watching it all for the first time. Watching this footage, it's hard to even describe the way Jordan was dominating the league in those days. Apparently this guy, 'hoopsenyclopedia', saw Jordan play while he was still at UNC and realized then that he was going to change the game. So, he started taping games at the start of Jordan's rookie season, and has recently begun editing them down to highlight reels of Jordan's (rarely seen) early performances. Here, for example, is footage of Jordan, in just his 9th(!!) game as a pro, dropping 45 points on the Hawks. His quickness alone in this clip is enough to make your jaw drop.

Here's a link to the rest of dude's videos:http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=hoopsencyclopediaenjoy!

Comments

• "this kid came to lead them. . . ." man. truth has never been better spoken.

thanks for this.

i just had a conversation at work today talking about the nba GOAT and i said i could stop watching
    basketball alltogether just to have a lifetime of jordan highlights.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    wheres the face melting graemlin?

anyways, i remember catching games when the NBA was on NBC in the early 90's and late 80's... it seemed like the bulls & knicks were on every sunday morning. being able to catch these early games is gives me goosebumps and shit.

gotta give it up to marv albert 'Jordan, YES!!!'

• so sweet

thanks for putting this up

• "this kid came to lead them. . . ." man. truth has never been better spoken.

Or this: "you like this guy when the pressures on, he just doesn't miss".

Did dude EVER miss when the pressure was on? Nope.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    AWESOME

I can watch these clips all day. Jordan was the most graceful basketball player of all time. When did they stop calling him Captain Marvel?

Jordan, YES!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Jordan isn't half as good as Kobe.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

never has there been a more apt time for a graemlin

please be serious

please be serious

Man, if Jordan didn't have his own shoe, he'd be Harold Miner!

At best, Jordan is a Quentin Richardson with a fatter paycheck.

I'm on

• Nice footage... What's Jordan up to nowadays?

Dress

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    On the upside:

I saw Jordan play at the Superdome his freshman year at North Carolina (along with James Worthy and Sam Perkins) in the NCAA semi-final against the Houston Cougers (along with Akeem Olajuwon and Clyde Drexler). That was a Saturday.

On the downside:

The following Monday evening I was too sick to go to the Final with my uncle. That was the game where Jordan hit the game-winning shot with 17 seconds remaining on the clock.

On the neutral side:

I still have an old scrapbook of Jordan photos from when he was at Carolina. Some of its contents were used to make a collage that functioned as a backboard for the Nerf hoop that I had in my room in high school. I think my sister, an all district point guard and fellow Jordan devotee, swiped it from me while I was away at college.

64 pts with a freshly injured wrist b/w Shaq's first Chicago game. Major jumpers:

Jordan always seemed to play better when he wasn't at 100% health.

Jordan always seemed to play better when he wasn't at 100% health.

saying

Excuse the semi-automatic posting. This stuff really made my day.

I gotta give it to Jordan though. He was one of the reasons why NBA on NBC was so damn hype. lazy Sunday afternoons, not a worry in the world, NBA theme song blaring...."DA, da da da da da, da ta taaaaahh"