DangerMouse remixes of Paris Hilton

Medium_DudeMedium_Dude 153 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
Sorry if this has been disscussed before, but i couldn't find any mention of it...After the whole Banksy scandal, wasn't it revealed that DangerMouse was the one who did the remixes?Was this true? And if so, are they any good?I mean, it seems like a good experiment... One of the more talented producers around trying to make gold (or at least something interesting) out of turd. Is that even possible in this case? Any info on the actual music behind this prank would be lovely.

Comments

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts

One of the more talented producers around trying to make gold

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    trying to make gold (or at least something interesting) out of turd. Is that even possible in this case?

You mean like the "Grey Album", where he did the reverse?

• Even if you disagree his worth as a producer, i bet he came with a better concept than whatever the original producer had in mind.

• trying to make gold (or at least something interesting) out of turd. Is that even possible in this case?

You mean like the "Grey Album", where he did the reverse?

hatt as you may, but i actually really dug that album.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Grey Album was for smart dumb people with no ear

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    i heard the Paris Hilton shit. its like 45 mins of the same beat over and over agai with Paris saying dumb shit over top of it. if i was Dangermouse and happened to of made it, it isnt too much of a challenge.

• Grey Album was for smart dumb people with no ear

I liked this when it came out, but now I can't figure out why the hell it was considered smart. What does the white album have to do with Jay-Z aside from a medicore play on words? It's really just the epitome of taking something that's respected by college educated white people and mixing it with something thats not (although it led to the adoption of Jay-Z as a favorite by many). It's not smart. It's just good marketing.

The real question is how the fuck Danger Mouse is so well attuned to exactly what this demographic wants to hear (Dangerdoom, Gorillaz, Gnarls Barkley)?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if you tie the beatles into anything, mufuckahz claiming to have musical taste will jizz their pants

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    The real question is how the fuck Danger Mouse is so well attuned to exactly what this demographic wants to hear (Dangerdoom, Gorillaz, Gnarls Barkley)?

I>That's/I> where his true talent lies. Not his production skills.