multiple Sir Ah Toes

meshmesh 925 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
hey, i just did a test to see if i could hook up 2 computers running on the same pair of turntables. you need two interfaces, two power cords, two usb cables, and 8 rca y-adaptors(two female ends to one male end) that you can get at home deopt for $2.50 a piece. you merge the 2 boxes outputs right before the mixer. boom. you just gotta switch the turntable inputs on whichever box you are using. we found a switch out was easiest if you put the last song played before a switch into internal mode, then change the tables inputs to the new computer box, then you are good. seemed pretty "duh" to me after i read about it, and once we hooked it up, i was even more blown that i hadn't of thought about it before now. so if you are already doing it, nevermind this, but i haven't seen anyone do it, and it makes total sense for having multiple computers involved at the gig.but remember, you gotta have the box powered. otherwise, if you pull the usb cable out of the box and it is not powered seperately, there will be about a 4-5db increase in overall volume. quite noticeable and definitely