Can Michael Jackson Reup on Street Cred?

drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central

Michael Jackson's "Street" Album

October 5th, 2006 | Author: A-PlusThe King of Pop is taking it to the streets.After threatening the Hip Hop world with a G-Unit collaboration, Michael Jackson is reportedly in the studio with Black Eyed Peas front man, Will.I.Am.According to EUR Web, Jackson is planning a come back which will include some ???edgy street records.???Jackson left the US after his acquittal on child molestation charges and has been living in Ireland. The Los Angeles Times recently reported that Charles ???Big Chuck??? Stanton paid Jackson a visit overseas and described MJ as ???musically focused and creatively fired up.???In addition to Will.I.Am, Teddy Riley is also said to be contributing to the project.So will the King really return? No reports have been confirmed as Jackson???s camp has not issued any statements.(Source)

Comments

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i wonder if a cam'ron and mj collab is possible

• LordNOLordNO 202 Posts
    i wonder if a cam'ron and mj collab is possible

I hope so. Cam could pull one of those "rape your daughter/tape recorder.." runs.

Now THAT would be an edgy street record.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    He needs to get beyond Teddy Riley the same way Janet has to move past Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.
    Will.I.Am is the hot cat of the pop moment and not "edgy and street."

Money needs to sing over some local black exp mixtapes.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Will.I.Am is not "edgy and street."

i wouldn't mind hearing some good music from Mike, but its been a long while now...just hang it up.