pandora - pretty cool shit

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
http://www.pandora.com/check this out. this is pretty wild. Its a project that makes a radio station based of your tastes. for my first query i put the "meters" in to see what happened and shit made a real cool funk station for me.

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    one of my old coworkers was rocking this. seems interesting. I typed in Can and the recommendations are pretty on point.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    yea.. pretty on point, saves the radio stations you make, and lets you make suggestions for stuff they dont have. got all basis covered.

ten years--> future of radio

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Apparently you can now add people together and create stations that combine artists or styles to get even more results.

My computer here at work doesn't seem to always like Pandora and will unfortunately freeze me out after an inordinate amount of time. i do have a plan to wire my place to play pandora from my room to bathroom to kitchen to living room. It's a shame my lease is up in January.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    I had it on all last night and heard a bunch of real good shit ive never heard of. Thats a real good idea though wiring up the house like that. I have like 2 laptops and a desktop in the house so it would be on.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I just got this as an Opera Widget, and man is it the shit... The Meters reccomendations blew me away.

- spidey

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    yeah it is.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    one of my old coworkers was rocking this. seems interesting. I typed in Can and the recommendations are pretty on point.

that's funny...that's what I typed in. seems like a cool site.

• This is the bomb.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Using this a little further. It's really on point, sometimes, but alot of times it's reallly far off. I wonder if there's a way to reccomend songs closer to the artist? Hm..

- spidey