TeaStrut

bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
this got me through all those late night philosphy papers:and when im feeling colonial, this does hits the spot.black, white, green, st. john's wort... what you drinkin?

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I have a green tea at work every morning.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    A cup of English breakfast tea with milk and honey every morning does a body good.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i don't fuck with bags.

use this joint:

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    i don't fuck with bags.

use this joint:

I just bought something similar but I can't find looseleaf teas anywhere near my new spot (outside of the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf).

Los angeles heads where are you guys getting your looseleafs at?

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    i use one of those bodium coffee presses for loose leaf. im always jealous of the gogoers with the loose leaf friendly travel mug joints. so fly.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    strictly looseleafs and nothing else, which is usually easy to get here. I like some mild Japanese Green teas, Darjeeling teas, fresh peppermint tea aso.

and I recommend to use the best tea pot this world offers

• Loose leaf Green Tea is what I fuck with weekday mornings.

For the evenings or afternoon I enjoy:

With milk and sugar.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Japanese green-tea, prefer sencha over the rest.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

With milk and sugar.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

where can i get this

• Loose leaf Green Tea is what I fuck with weekday mornings.

With milk and sugar.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

where can i get this

this one is called "mono filio", produced in Germany and it??s available in different sizes and designs.

a quick search came up with this US store: http://www.inpursuitoftea.com/Mono_Filio_Teapot_50_oz_p/xc550.htm

110$ without the teapot-warmer.
    over here the price is around 100??? incl. the teapot-warmer.
    it??s worth the money, highly recommended.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    wow.. thanks. may just throw down. the design is super fresh.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    A cup of English breakfast tea with milk and honey every morning does a body good.

same but with rose pedal earl grey

loose leaf tips for guzzo

asian or arab grocery store mad variety and cheap price

go to the source

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i've been fucking with random shit from lupicia http://www.lupicia.com/
    im lucky enough to have one locally and right now im drinking on some jasmin dragon pearls, lychee oolong, and some random black tea i dont remember. the jasmin actually has individually wrapped leaves leaves into a ball which is pretty

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    green tea and black teas.

real pa heads know the deal.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    currently drinking genmaicha, gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. AYOOOOOO.

I just received a box of tieguanyin as a gift = THE THE THE REALNESS!

tea goes great w/ mooncakes right aboot now.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

With milk and sugar.

For the mug, don't mess around with any of that milk-in-first crap. That was just to protect the thin china cups it used to be drunk from. Water in first, and add the milk BEFORE you take the bag out, especially if you live in a hard water area. Prevents biuld up of tannin on the surface.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Taylor's Yorkshire are the best tea bags in the world. You can keep your Tetley's, PG, Twinings, etc - when I want a proper, brickie-strength, English cuppa, then it's Taylors, a little milk and no sugar, please. Personally, I prefer the hard water variety, but I firmly believe it's impossible to make a bad cup of tea with them.

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    green tea and black teas.

real pa heads know the deal.

YES. So good and gallons or half gallons are always on sale somewhere around here.

For hot stuff i like green tea and some spicy tea that i found around my way. i don't have a tea ball or anything, but the natural food store by me is the real deal and they have a nice selection of loose tea.

Anyone for sun tea? The season has sort of passed for it, but i am a big fan.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    best tea bags in the world.

sorry, im perverted in the morning

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Hi peoples! It is early in the morning here in beautiful Seattle. I am drinking a cup of Irish Breakfast tea with a little milk and sugar. Living in Chinatown I have access to LOTS of tea. Loose tea, tea bags, bottled teas from Japan and China, Chinese tea shops, bubble tea shops, etc. All within a couple blocks of the crib. Wifey always brings crazy Chinese tea back from work trips to China. The REAL REAL Chinese teas. Pu Nay, Pu Eer (spelling?) all that stuff. We have lots of teapots and prefer loose tea but when I'm lazy I use tea bags. Twinings Irish Breakfast, English Breakfast and Darjeeling are staples at our place. Also Tazo peach iced tea in glass bottles. Japanese teas that we always have on hand are Hojicha, Genmeicha, Sencha, Mugicha, and Macha. Chinese Oolong tea is always good as well. HOORAY FOR TEA!!!!!!!!!!