MP3 Players - What's really

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited October 2006 in Strut Central
So, I got an iPod Shuffle right now which has treated me well but the joint ain't shuffling very well and I just need more space. I got a $50 gift certificate from Apple cos of some class action lawsuit so I'm thinking I might as well just get another iPod, but I'm always down to try other MP3 players. Anyone have any personal recommendations? I'm looking for one that is relatively small in size, a decent amount of storage, and that's really about it. Video would be nice, but not essential. Thank you.

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I wouldn't bother with the video. I got suckered in by the concept, but the novelty wore off very quickly. I also got the 60 gig ipod, which is far more than I need. I rarely have more than 20 gigs on it at any given time.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    got a cowon iaudio x5 and this thing is damn nice.. can also play vids but i dont need that feature a lot.. what convinced me more was the nice eq and the 20gigs

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,904 Posts
    Depends what you use it for. I only use mine for running so as long as I can take 30-40 mins worth, that's fine. Got a *tiny* 512MB one which I've had for 3 years and weighs nothing, no moving parts to bounce loose etc.

The big ones are better to take in the car for that "Portable collection flossing" look, but they have more moving parts and hard disk storage. The more you carry something around with a hard disk in it, the more likely it is that the hard disk will ultimately die. Eggs/1 basket scenario...

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    hmmm id go w/ the ipod. i think you can get the old ipods for on the cheap. like the 30gb for 249 and the 60gb for 299 now...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    go with the nano, its plenty of room, cheaper, and it never breaks.

• I've bigged this up a couple times, so here goes:

Sony HD3 20 gig MP3 player/mass storage device

This is smaller than an ipod, just the right amount of space, simple, durable, and easy to use. So far I have had no complaints. Although, the Nano sounds cool...

• hmmm id go w/ the ipod. i think you can get the old ipods for on the cheap. like the 30gb for 249 and the 60gb for 299 now...

$250 is on the cheap? fuck. the sony shit is like $150 on ebay and I thought that was expensive.